Monday, April 28, 2008

I love to walk

So now that the weather is nicer we've been taking the kids out for a walk everyday to a new park, or a new route to the same park. Drew just got a bike a couple of months ago and so we've been trying to get him to practice riding everyday so that he can become more comfortable on it and eventually take his training wheels off. When he first started I noticed that he wasn't completely comfortable on it and whenever he would get to a small curb he would get off and freak out. It drove me crazy! Until I realized that all he needed was time and experience on it...so that's what we do now!
Brayden rides this scooter but only makes it around the corner of our block (about 3 houses) and wants to hop into the stroller. I can predict when he wants to quit everytime...it's funny actually.Tay just rides in the stroller and enjoys every minute of it!
So Sean came back on Friday night from Belleville for the weekend. On Saturday he had to go and help somebody move and when he met me for lunch said that he had to go back after lunch...um....no? So he stayed with us for the rest of the day because of my demanding! Usually I don't mind him going somewhere on the weekends if he has to help or whatever...but gee...I kind of felt lonely this weekend and needed some hubbie time so I veto'd that one! The kids had a good time with him and Taylor started to remember who he was since it had pretty much been 2 weeks since she had seen him for a significant amount of time.









I'm starting to feel the humidity here when it rains...the other day was pretty moist while I was getting ready after my shower...it felt great and smelled even better!
Sean and I went out on Saturday night and when we were driving home through downtown we noticed every other person eating an ice cream cone. That is one thing that Kingston is known for I think...there are like 3 little home made ice cream shops on the water front that just opened the beginning of April and they are always busy. When you go downtown everybody is eating it! Last year we went in to one of them to get some ice cream but the line was too long so this year we'll have to try one of them out!
On another note we went to the movie "Baby Mama" this weekend and like I predicted it sucked! Sean wanted something funny but I thought all the funny parts would probably be from the commercials that I had already seen...I was pretty bang on! We forced a few laughs out occasionally but it was pretty dull:( The only good thing was the yummy popcorn that I divulged in after a week of practically nothing salty in my diet! On a great note I lost 4 lb this week so that makes me feel great! Hopefully this week will prove just as productive!
Our plumber is supposed to be coming over today to put in our tub downstairs and work on the bathroom plumbing so hopefully he comes...last week the tub wasn't ready so he had to postpone. It's a crazy mess down there and I really need to go and sweep it up and get rid of all the extra boards left behind from the framing stage. Ah the clean up...the part I forgot about!



6 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

I'm glad Sean was able to be home to spend some time with you. Always needed!! I love your pictures! You kids are just so cute!

Jeni said...

Oh how fun that sean came back. I am sooooo glad he was there with you sis.
And I cant believe you are so far along in your basement, I wont beleive it is happening till I see it though, it is just hard to think of!!
And NICE on the 4 lbs lib, that is awesome! I think I gained 4 this week! Good for you!

Nadine said...

Hi Libby,
Your kids swwt smiles brightened my day. Thats too bad about that movie I thought it looked good but thats god to know. You go girl on the weight loss...You look awesome.When I get back on my feet you may have to be my little motivatinal push.

Fernandez Family said...

Cute pictures of your sweet kids! Reading about Drew I'm realizing that Teo is likely too young for his bike...hence the fact that it sits and just looks pretty. Or that he just sits on it and looks pretty. You look great - I love your hair...and really, really like your shorts! Wishing it was warm enough here for shorts - or even sandals!

saltysista said...

Aesome on the weight loss. I love Tay's pigtails. I can't wait until Melia's hair is longer! Tell everyone R2 says Hi and can't wait to see them again!

Heather Palmer said...

I love walking too. Now that the rain is slowing up we are getting out more and it's making my diet/excersise plan that much more productive.

Waterfront homemade icecream sounds both fun & delicious!! And that is a bummer about Baby Mama. It looks so funny! I'll wait for DVD.