Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Bowling and the Poopy Princess

So we went to Walmart today and made the best purchase ever! I saw this bowling alley for 30 bucks marked down. I like to find something when I go to Walmart that will keep the kids occupied at home instead of watching so much t.v. and this is it! It so beats the old school plastic bowling pins and black balls that I'm sure everybody has somewhere in their toy boxes or floors! It keeps score for them and lets them do 6 frames. You can see on the video how sweet it actually is! On another note...Taylor had probably her first temper tantrum in public today at Walmart. We were in the toy section playing with a power wheels (Jeep) and she was in the driver seat (which she loves by the way in my car). It was time to go and she did not like that. She screamed at the top of her lungs and squirmed in my arms for a few aisles. Not impressed...I calmly kept saying to her "Taylor, that's enough...STOP...Calm yourself..." She finally got over herself and stopped screaming. It probably didn't help that she had completely soiled herself...I think if I did that I would be screaming too.

On that note...we went to the baby section to get a box of diapers and small container of wipes (because of course I had nothing in my purse) and went to the bathroom to change her. As soon as we walk in my kids decide to be their candid selves and say "Ooh...it smells stinky in here mom" just as a lady is coming out of her stall. "Of course it does boys...that's what people do in here! And it's about to get stinkier!" They seemed okay with that! I wonder when that control kicks in to hold back comments?







Today is a slow day, Taylor is still sleeping at 6:23pm...she hasn't woken from her 3 hour afternoon nap yet, I guess I should go and get her so she'll go to bed tonight. On the other hand both boys haven't slept today which means a fun night for myself (Sean is on call) watching my shows and a new movie I just recorded (August Rush) that I've only heard is really good so I'm excited! I also need to give Drew his next piano lesson tonight so maybe I'll go do that right now. My camera is dead but I still have to take a picture of the snow banks outside...they are almost as tall as my car when it's parked outside! At least the roads are dry though, it would be worse if it was still icy out!

5 comments:

The RC Miller Clan said...

Ha ha!It totally looked like B had to go pee! ha ha ha...looks like a fun thing! Only 30 bucks? Wow...did you try those muffins yet?

saltysista said...

I think Dan will totally want to buy one when he sees that! That is awesome. That is funny about Tay and her little fit. Probably not so funny at the time!

Alysha Sladek said...

that bowling game looks awesome!! how fun!!

Jeni said...

of course drew has to gaze off and watch tv... hehe he is so silly! They are cute! AND I hate the poopy in the store with nothing... ugggggggh. was that before or after you texted me?!!

houseofhud said...

What a fun game...and yes I have to admit that I have the little plastic bowling set you are talking about. The kids NEVER play with it.