![]() |
| Toronto jan 08 |
This weekend we headed up to Toronto for some much needed R&R. We found a fun hotel to stay in that had a waterslide so we were looking forward to that. Unfortunately because I had just had my surgery I couldn't go swimming so I watched from the deck...the kids had fun though and are becoming good swimmers! Our hotel ended up being right beside IKEA which I haven't been to in over 6 months so we did a quick look through and found some neat ideas for our basement development. One of the reasons we headed up to Toronto was to attend the Home Show at the Metro Convention Center. We are developing our basement and wanted to get some ideas and insight into what was out there and available to builders right now.
So Saturday morning we had a buffet breakfast that was a little crazy. Brayden is a full fledged 3 year old and that brings with it so much energy from the moment he gets up to the moment he decides to close his eyes. Non stop...anyway, needless to say he was all over the place! He has truly taught me patience in this life!
We then made our way to the Convention Center and had a fun time there checking out bathroom fixtures, tiles, closet organizers, hidden wall beds, etc. It was fun because I love looking at that kind of stuff. We lasted there for a couple hours and then headed over to the CN tower (one of the Wonders of the World) just around the block. It was freezing outside and windy so we had to pretty much run there to get inside! I have to say that I'm so glad we decided to see the Tower...it was amazing to ride in the elevator all the way to the top. This is when you truly understand what being afraid of heights means! The boys were looking right against the glass window and Sean and I were holding our breath...I felt my legs give out a bit it was so high! At the top it was awesome to look out and realize how tall we really were! We took the stairs one floor down to see the glass floor. That was freaky! There were people jumping on the glass...my cue to leave and get my butt on solid ground! The boys layed down and we took a couple pictures but even I couldn't fully stand on a piece of glass...it was a scary feeling! I couldn't even bring myself to sit Taylor down...so much fear!
Anyway, the kids had a blast and Drew was so excited! I'm glad they had a chance to witness a wonder of the world though, how often can you do that?
One more thing, you'll notice a mouse that Drew is holding in almost every picture. This is "AngelMouse". Drew got to take him home for the weekend from his class at school. Angelmouse goes on a new adventure each week with a different student and so before Drew goes to school tomorrow he has to tell about his adventures with Angelmouse on one page of the Angelmouse book! We thought AM was pretty special to be able to go to the CN tower...probably his first trip!
Our trip home was awesome and smooth. I loved getting away but loved being home even better...there is something about your own bed! I just can't get into hotel pillows...not good for me!
I have to end with a quick quote from Drew this morning. I was getting ready for church and Drew comes in to say
"Mom...Don't say tattling but I have to tell you something...Brayden said potty language"
so I say:
"Drew don't tattle on your brother please"
"I'm not tattling mom"
"Oh really what are you doing?"
"I'm just telling you a little story"
Kids are so cute sometimes!

5 comments:
alright, how did sean do that? I thought he was like deathly afraid of heights?! that is scary! nothing like the 1000 islands eh?! looks like a fun trip... my fav pic is of bray and his flatened penny on his head. what a goon! althoughsad that you didn't get any pics of the water slides!
Drew is so cute. What a funny little story! I'm glad you guys had fun in Toronto. I probably would pass out or vomit at the CN tower cause I'm sooooooooo afraid of heights. We went to a wedding reception at the top of the Sears tower and I couldn't get close to the window. Uuugghhhh!
Libby, your kids are so cute. I love the funny things kids do. So now that Em and Zac are living here I am going to help her with a blog, hopefully in the next month, but it's Em so it could be a while. We'll see . .
Sounds like a fun week end and beautiful, too! Drew is hilarious. I love your kids.
Hey Libby, miss talking to you. Call me here at Robin's house, my phone is on roam. Cute story about Drew. I was thinking about last christmas, at his Christmas program, and how funny he was when he sang out so loud!!
Love you, Mom
Post a Comment