Wow...it's crazy the stuff that has happened and will happen! We had a really fun day and evening today. The morning we spent just chillin out, tidying up the house (yes really exciting) and then got ready and went to the mall!
Can I just say that I love the mall at christmas time? The decorations are up, there are mobs of people and you just want to spend spend spend your money! Anyway the kids were able to get a picture with Santa so they loved that and I"m surprised at how happy Taylor was to sit on his lap! 
Tonight we got a sitter and Sean took me to a cute little place for dinner called Aunt Lucy's. Ever since we moved here I've often wondered what this place was like, looks like a restaurant dreamed up by a granny and it truly is...we sat right next to the live piano player who knows everything by heart and he played one of my favourite songs "P.S. I love you". It was really nice and I love to eat at new places and ever since we've been here I think it's been a new place every time we go out and we've been happy so far!
So after we went to the movie "Enchanted" and can I just say it was AWESOME! It is true...they are still making movies that are worthwhile! I"m still singing the music from this movie it was so good! The perfect love story...I think Sean and I had a smile on our faces the entire movie...corny I know but seriously...you have to see it to know what I mean! If only life were like that! So that was the perfect ending to a perfect day!

Now your probably wondering why I wrote Tickle Torture in my title? On our way home tonight I was thinking about my kids and the things that we love about them...Drew has this hilarious laugh that he does when he's 'really' laughing, like hard and his voice goes little deeper in his chest, like a cackle! I think he must get that from me! Anyway, I was saying that I love it when I tickle Brayden just where it REALLY tickles and he gets that look on his face that is almost in pain but you can tell that he's still happy and laughing? And it made me reflect on all the tickle tortures that I've had in my life...mostly at the expense of my brothers but nonetheless...they were truly tortures. Why is it that moving our muscles back and forth against our bones causes such a feeling of pain...and laughter? It must be the only way our body knows how to respond, by laughing! It certainly isn't funny to me...I can't remember one time I really thought it was funny...why did I laugh? It's a pain that you can't describe, so painful that all you can do is laugh uncontrollably, with the look of shear discomfort and pain on your face at the same time. And yet we do this to our kids day in and day out! Sometimes they ask for more! Are they crazy? I don't understand it...in the midst of a tickle torture you would do anything for that person to stop...I'm not even sure Jack Bauer could resist telling the truth to a tickle torturer...they haven't tried that one on him yet!

7 comments:
Cute pics with Santa! That is so true about the tickle torture...there is nothing funny about it!!
happy anniversary!! it's truly amazing how fast time goes. jimmy and i are coming up on our 7th at the end of december... crazy!!!
i'm glad to hear enchanted was good. i've secretly wanted to see it, so it makes me feel better knowing it was good. and i sooo agree with you on the tickle torture hahaha.
Lib happy anniv!! Sounds sooo fun! You do have great shopping kids! I love taylors hair, and her clothes. they are sooo cute!
Lib I miss you guys!
Love love love those pics! You are truly one of the few people who can pull off such an awesome short do lib! Beauty - full!
Those are great pictures!! Thanks for the call today. Love you!!
Oh my gosh - the tickle torture Jack Bauer thing was HILARIOUS! Could you imagine?
happy anniversary!! i want to come eat at that little resteraunt...it sounds so fun! and i completely forgot about the mall Santas...I'll have to take my kids when we go home. Madi loves it! I wonder how Nix will do.
Happy Anniversary! WOW you are a total babe in your wedding pictures! And I LOVED the movie Enchanted too. It was so cute. As for the tickle torture I TOTALLY understand. Nothing makes me more mad then when TJ tickles me and when I was little I would eventually start to cry! That is so funny.
Post a Comment