Sunday, October 21, 2007

Presentation woes

I love the size of this chair that he can lay down and totally sprawl out on it! There is just something about sleeping children that I love to see...I can seriously sit and watch my kids sleep and just goggle at their faces...is that crazy?
So today was the primary presentation at church and Drew was all ready to go, we had been practicing his songs and his scripture and talk all week. When it was his turn for his talk he got SO shy and wouldn't do it. After what seemed like a lifetime of him standing up there not saying anything he sat down. I started playing the piano for the next song and all the kids stood up except for him, he started crying. Poor guy, I wanted to get up and hug him and tell him it was okay...so Sean got up, passed Taylor and Brayden off and took Drew outside. He let him cry on his shoulder and just told him that it was okay to be nervous and that he had gone through that same experience when he was his age. Anyway, about 10 min later Drew came back up the front and got his composure together to continue on. Soon it was our turn to sing our song and when I took his hand and said "Are you ready to sing?" he had a huge smile on his face and looked totally brave. So I knelt down beside him and he looked over at me with a big smile on his face. He sung the whole song, both verses with no wavering in his voice at all. We were so proud of him today...to overcome that fear and come back made me so happy:) Good job Drew!
I had to make icing for the cupcakes that the primary kids decorated in primary today and had tons left over when I came home so I decided to make a chocolate cake and use the icing. I'm not kidding you...this cake tastes like a 'Crave' cake! It's SO good...I should not be eating it but oh my gosh...yummy!
A little halloween spirit!
OH! by the way I have to just give a quick shout out to Brayden for being 100% potty trained! I've been praying that he showed some interest and finally he did. As soon as he did I jumped right in and now he goes when he has to and hasn't had an accident in a long time...not to mention his pull up is dry every morning! Man, it sure makes a difference to have your toddler out of diapers! YAY
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Jeni said...

yummy yummy in my tummy.. that look ssoo good

Lynne said...

The kids look so grown up in that picture, especially Taylor!! She looks huge! I can't wait to se the kids again.

Christy said...

Your kids are very cute. Taylor is growing so fast!

saltysista said...

Taylor does look huge!! She is just getting so big...so are the boys. That is so sweet about Drew! Way to go buddy! Ok that cake looks so so good. I just want to smash it in my face! haha

Julie said...

Poor little Drew! What a good buddy to overcome his fears and get up to sing! Espcially when singing in front of people is a lot scarier then talking (at least I think so!) The cake looks delicious and congrats to Brayden! Way to be potty trained!

Heather Palmer said...

YEY FOR DREW! That story made me want to cry for him...but I'm so proud of him that he came back in there and did so well! Way to conquer his fear! And congrats on getting B potty trained. It's a big accompishment...one that my little boy blue is showing NO interest in...but I'm in no hurry I guess. And oh that cake looks yummy. I've totally been cheating this week...