Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I love the fall colors!

Well this weekend was a busy one for us but SO much fun! On Friday after Sean got home from work we headed up to Toronto. His cousin Jaye got married on Friday and so all of his family from his mom's side (Sylvia) were there celebrating so we thought we'd get in on the action! We got there around 1000 and settled in for the night. Sylvia was there and was very excited to see the boys...as were the kids! All of Sean's uncles and aunts are very fun people and absolutely loved the kids and so they kept them entertained constantly! Saturday we headed out to the Ontario Science Center for the day which had TONS of things that we didn't get a chance to see, having young kids and also having time constraints. We'll have to go back soon! The kids loved it though and it was definitely a place I might consider buying a year pass to! That night Sean's uncle Ken had everybody over for thanksgiving dinner which was fun and packed! There must have been about 50 people in a basement suite...crazy!
The next day we left around noon and went to Brampton to his uncle Melvin's place for dinner and to hang out a bit more with the family before we headed up to St. Catherine's for the night...a dinky old town with only a lovely Holiday Inn for accommodations...well there was a Harry Johnson (aka Howard Johnson) but we all know that I won't be staying in one of those places ever again after the Vancouver experience! Sylvia wanted to visit one of her aunts there so we ended up just staying there instead of going on to Niagara Falls that night.
The next day (yesterday) we wanted to go see the Falls but once we got there it was packed with people and a thousand touristy things to do...it's definitely a weekend getaway...not a place you can really stop by for an hour! So we actually just drove by and I clicked a quick picture...I think we'll be going back for the weekend in March for Drew's spring break! Might I add that this whole weekend was filled with 30 degree head and humidity so there were tons of people everywhere! Is it October?
Then we headed to Palmyra to see the church sites (Joseph Smith home, sacred grove, temple, Hill Cumorah) which Sean had never seen. Let's just say that the experience I had was a little different then I had thought it would be. It was a lot of walking for the kids which Drew did fine with but Brayden needed some TLC. We were constantly trying to keep them from screaming and yelling at the top of their lungs, coupled with Brayden constantly tripping and falling face first into the ground more than once ( I tried to get a picture the second time but he was too loud so I had to console instead). Anyway it ended up with me pushing Taylor and carrying Brayden on my shoulders for the rest of the walk through the trees. It was a beautiful place and this time of year only made it the more beautiful. I loved it there! You can see in the pictures what I'm talking about. One funny thing Drew said made us laugh...At the end of the walk out of the grove of trees I took Brayden off my shoulders and said "Wew...I'm exhausted!" to which Drew replied "I aren't!"...I think we need to work on his English a bit!

Then we headed to Waterloo, New York to do some outlet mall shopping. Waterloo is another dinky town in the middle of nowhere but there is an amazing mall there...weird place for it but oh well! There were crazy sales going on because of Columbus Day weekend so we caught the end of it!
Today we got up, Sean took the boys swimming and I went shopping again and then we headed for home! All in all it was a fun weekend and just enough time I needed to get away and have some good family time! Sylvia is here for the week and we're excited to show her around!
Toronto trip

9 comments:

US WEEKLY said...

Libby I want copies of all those pictures that you took of The Grove and stuff, they are AMAZING! So pretty. I'm glade you are having fun, You deserve it! I miss you so much, Say hi to Sean and the kids. Love ya NENA.

Jeni said...

Liib, fun - and harry johnson? i am so glad you didn't stay there. Oh pubic hairs and cockroaches.. sick, I also will NEVER stay in one again! anyway looks sooo beautiful there - I want to go back so bad. Remmeber when dad took us two PILGRAMS there when we were wee teens?? that was fun! nice pics though!

angie j. said...

Amazing pics Libby - I'm very impressed. Aren't those history sites amazing? Your kids are SO stinkin' cute.

saltysista said...

THose are incredible pictures! The trees look so beautiful...so does Tay! How do you make a slideshow? I have picasa but I can't figure it out. Anyway...I want to come visit!!

Lynne said...

The sacred grove looks beautiful in the fall!! I've always been there in the spring or summer.

Lynne said...

The mall sounds fun. HOw long a drive from Kingston?

Julie said...

those pics are awesome. it looks so beautiful!

The RC Miller Clan said...

There are some super sweet pics in there! Oh! Who is Sylvia? And, I can't believe how much drew is changing. He looks so much older now.

Jeni said...

Sylvia is Sean's mom