Sunday, September 16, 2007

The cob and the diva!

Last night we had corn as part of our dinner which was delicious by the way...in Calgary the only good corn during the year was when Taber corn came up north...here there are farmer's markets on every corner selling fresh fruit, veggies, corn, plants ALL the time. So yesterday we hit one of them up and got some of the yummiest corn ever! Anyway...Taylor fully enjoyed every bite and was really mad at me when I finally had to take the cob away from her...its amazing what a baby can eat without any teeth!

I'm going to try and post a video of her eating it...it's about 5 min long so some of you might not want to hang out and watch my kids eating dinner...but about 1/2 way through I try to take the corn away and the panic is quite funny!
taylor eating corn




Well it's starting to get a little bit cooler here which I love...the fall breezes are the best when you can wear a light jacket and get all bundled up...I have NO clothes for Taylor that aren't sleeveless or short shorts...looks like we'll be needing to take a shopping day soon...it's just too chilly sometimes for short shorts!

So on Sept 6 Luciano Pavarotti passed away after a long battle with pancreatic cancer. I absolutely loved loved loved him and thought I needed to share one of his most famous arias that he performed. Everytime I see this I cry...there is just something about this song that is breathtaking! Maybe if I put a microphone in that picture of Taylor instead of the corn she would look like she was singing as hard as him!
I posted the lyrics and translation underneath if anyone cares...and you mom!



The Prince
Nessun dorma, nessun dorma ... Tu pure, o Principessa, Nella tua fredda stanza, Guardi le stelle Che tremano d'amore E di speranza.
No one sleeps, no one sleeps... Even you, o Princess, In your cold room, Watch the stars, That tremble with love And with hope.
Ma il mio mistero è chiuso in me, Il nome mio nessun saprà, no, no, Sulla tua bocca lo dirò Quando la luce splenderà, Ed il mio bacio scioglierà il silenzio Che ti fa mia.
But my secret is hidden within me; My name no one shall know, no, no, On your mouth I will speak it* When the light shines, And my kiss will dissolve the silence That makes you mine.
Chorus
Il nome suo nessun saprà E noi dovrem, ahimè, morir.
No one will know his name And we must, alas, die.
The Prince
Dilegua, o notte! Tramontate, stelle! All'alba vincerò!
Vanish, o night! Set**, stars! At daybreak, I shall conquer!

7 comments:

Lynne said...

What is the name of that song and do you know what the words mean. It sounds so emotional!! Beautiful. And love Tay and the boys. Love you guys!!

Jeni said...

That is so cute! haha she GOES TO TOWN on that cob!
His voice IS so good, I got emotional watching that. I always do with good music. Like Josh Groban on American Idol?? oHH that was soo good

Proud Momma said...

Nessun Dorma from the Opera "Turandot"

Marilee said...

I have pics of Annie doing the same thing at about that age! She LOVED the cob and acutally still does!! It was a rough summer since she lost her two front teeth and the cob thing didn't work too well!!

Krissy Marshall said...

Oh God - I laughed so hard at Taylor crying when you tried to take the corn away. How did you ever get it away? I was just vacuuming and Jonas cried like he was hit by a Mack truck. Didn't like the sound today I guess.

tlr said...

Mateja was and still is a corn on the cob lover, kids are so funny!
Congrats on your working towards weight loss! Keep up the great work!
TR

The RC Miller Clan said...

yah, when I heard he died I said to someone where I was, Luciano Pavaroti died! And they looked at me like I was mentally challenged or something. I'm like, don't you know who Luciano Pavaroti is??? They didn't...what's up with that?