Sunday, August 12, 2007

salad! salad! and more salad!

Well this is a shot of my dinner tonight and basically what I have been eating every night for dinner the past little while. I've never realized how important it is to have a salad dressing that you love if you're going to eat salad every night! I actually found some good ones "Spritzers", raspberry vinnegriette was the lucky winner tonight and yum!
Taylor has been getting up on her knees for seconds at a time...I'm sure it's just a matter of time before she is up and crawling around...much to my dismay :( I remember being a lot more excited about Drew crawling than I am this time! Hmm, wonder why?

This is a favourite shot of mine...this is her typical face...she is seriously the happiest baby I've ever been around! best smile too...I just want to kiss her!
So today we stayed home from church due to Drew's fever last night...Sean took him to Walmart with Brayden to exchange one of his gameboy games for a different one and when they got to the electronics department Drew went over to Sean, grabbed his leg and looked up at him with a worried look right before he blew chunks all over the place. Poor kid:( He was not sick enough to continue on with shopping though, topless and all! Love the gameboy! So today was a lazy day...Sean worked today but is home now...He has the opportunity to do a lot of home call which is awesome for us...he snuck home a few times today and freaked me out every time because he is so quiet when he comes in..."so very sneaky"...he's actually home right now as there is nothing going on at the hospital right now. He had his first fatality yesterday with a girl that came into the ER who had been thrown from her vehicle out the back window...young girl and he and a few other people had to do chest compressions on her for 40 min before they pronounced it. It's so surreal to talk about it but I'm sure it's tough to go through that only to have them die when you've tried hard to save them.
I finally cleaned out my garage yesterday so Sean can park in it. I got all excited and started driving my van into my spot when I got my nose in and heard something pushing on top of my car...oops...forgot I still had my cartop carrier attached! Luckily I stopped before any damage could be done...but of course I looked around my neighborhood before backing up to see if anybody saw the dumb blonde move of mine :) Luckily I don't think so!

What else has been going on...Sean got called into the Elder's quorum presidency and I got called into the Primary presidency...should be fun since there are only 8 kids in Primary! I'm wondering how long our sacrament presentation will be in October?

8 comments:

Julie said...

Poor Drew blowing chunks in Wally World. I HATE the throw-ups! I think the worst part is waiting for the rest of the family to get it once one person does. That's too bad about Sean's first fatality. That would suck. Taylor is soooooooooo cute...I love her huge smile and congrats on the new callings. Are you relieved your not choir director?

Jeni said...

Ya I got another calling today too.. that makes 4 callings.. YEAH... Nursery leader... cool. Anyway, nice on the salads girl. You inspire me! Tay is so cute.

Heather Palmer said...

Poor Drew! Never fun to be sick in public. And I'm glad you didn't destroy your car top thingy or your new garage. Funny. I can't believe how big Taylor is! I feel like she should still be tiny since I haven't seen her much. She is so cute - look at that giant smile! What a doll!! Also...that salad looks yummy. I've gained 5lbs since I've been at my moms so some healthy food sounds good to me right now. Mmmm.

saltysista said...

I have had 1 calling so far...activities committee. I can't wait to get mine here. Tay is so precious!! Melia has been doing the same as far as getting up on her knees and rocking. Does that mean everything has to be locked up soon?? That salad looks so good and I love those spritzers!!

Lynne said...

Good for you on your salads!! Give the kids a kiss for me and tell them I miss them.

Alysha Sladek said...

poor little guy. hope he's doing better now.
that salad looks DELICIOUS!!
I have to say, being a dr. would be way too hard for me. i can't imagine the things he'll see!!
wow, only 8 kids in primary? that's like us back in bv ward a long time ago. we had 11. good luck with that.

The RC Miller Clan said...

I'm proud of you for sticking to the lifestyle change. Keep exercising! Yummy salad! Do a spin class too lib. You may get addicted. you never know...ha ha ha. Oh and you look like a nurse with her cuppa in that pic...

The RC Miller Clan said...

actually, I just noticed that in this pic you don't have a cuppa. Its the other one on facebook...but you still look like a nurse in it!