Well I'm sure you all know what I mean...it's weight loss time again! I've kind of been waiting for all this moving stuff to stop and for normalcy to enter my life again before I started making any goals...so here I go! I joined this sweet gym that just opened here called Premiere Fitness...Sean negotiated his way into getting my free babysitting for all 3 kids for the year so I can't let that go to waste can I? The gym is awesome though and I've attended 1 class so far that kicked my butt SO bad...I've never been so ashamed at my leg lifts...or lack thereof! What has happened to me? Anyway...the kids now LOVE to go so every morning Drew says "Mom...when are we going to the gym?" and continues asking me all morning until we get up and go! He's a good little motivator for sure. It's a hard road to take...that sounds so dumb but I have to say that I'm shocked at how much power food has over me...it's like a sickness really...and when you become so used to eating at certain times or the patterns that you develop like thinking you have to eat dessert after every meal? Or eat while you watch tv or movies? It's like I can't enjoy them as much unless I'm indulging in something too! Sean and I went to a movie last night which by the way was SO much fun to do since it's been months since the kids have had an actual babysitter! Anyway...I had to get popcorn...I've gone to a movie before when I only got a diet coke and I swear I didn't have as much fun! Is that crazy? Anyway...I skipped dinner because of the popcorn (no butter though) but still...shouldn't be eating that!
Another weird thing...when I eat really healthy I have to have light microwave popcorn at night! I crave it...I must eat a lot of salt when I don't care what I'm eating because I never want popcorn otherwise! So after our movie we walked around downtown because we were going to go to dinner after...but I didn't want to eat anything except maybe a salad so Sean didn't really want to go either...I kind of felt like I wrecked part of the night, even though I would have sat with him while he ate...it just wasn't the same...nobody to share a plate of nachos with or a pizza at 10pm! Man..I already miss the old Libby...but part of me keeps telling myself...it's so worth it...don't do it...you won't regret it! I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that it's probably going to take me 6-12 months to accomplish my goal so sit back and take one step at a time...and don't throw in the towel just because you have a little bit of butter on your corn on the cob tonight!
Enough of that...what else has been happening this week...I finally got Taylor's room finished with what I have and we got the privacy film put on our bathroom glass...which is the coolest thing...if you have a window that you feel needs blinds but you don't want to close off the light? Go to Home Depot and get this privacy film that you put on your glass and it makes the window look like it's frosted...just a way cheaper way to do it!
Tomorrow is a civic holiday here so I think we'll try to find something fun to do...there is a tower down near the border called the "sky deck" and when you get to the top you can see all the 1000 islands so we might go there and check it out!
By the way...there are SO many spiders in Ontario! I find them everywhere and they make webs on like every window...I think in the morning I find a new web outside my sliding door onto my deck...Heather you might just die out here! Good thing I'm not afraid of them...I won't even say what I'm glad I haven't found yet because I'm sure that would bring me back luck in that department! AH...
Oh so Sean and I went to "The Bourne Ultimatum" and it was awesome! For sure a great ending to the 3 movies! I loved it...although I'm not sure now if I loved the movie or just being at a movie, or being out on a date...not sure now! My kids have been asking me since we got here "Mom...don't forget, you have to find us a babysitter right?" I'm glad they take to babysitters, otherwise I might just go a little bit coo coo!
The backyard has worked wonders for the kids...they LOVE playing out there and it keeps them out of my hair for quite awhile each day!
6 comments:
Lib, a spider crawled across my face last night, it was sick.
Good luck on the weight loss too!! It is hard but I know you can do it. just think of this "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"
good luck and call me if you find your self at a weak moment!!
Well let me just once again say how jealous I am - I love your yard. Madison says that when we move we have to get a backyard, because she calls our balcony hers. Sad I know!
And there are tons of Spiders in Oregon here too...but I seem to manage to avoid them (knock on wood). But when fall comes around they get huge and abundant. Glad you aren't afraid of them, it will make your life easier! I don't know I get so scared of a tiny little thing I can crush but they are faster and tougher than me I'm pretty sure.
I'm glad you guys got a date. I've heard the Bourne Ultimatum is a good one, but I think I'd be happy to go to ANY movie. My kids freak out with babysitters so our dates wait until family comes to stay or we go home. So I'm jealous!
Post some pics of your house! I want all the details!
I'm glad you've found a babysitter. That will make a big difference, and I agree, please post pictures of the house, It's so cute!
You go girl! I'm so in the need of support and needing to give support too! I know what you mean about food and tv/movies. I always pack my own food to the theatre - not so much for the healthy-ness of it but because I'm cheap! But seriously SmartPop Kettle Korn rocks. Good luck Libby!
Hey we had a big scorpion in our place the first week we were here. I wanted to move out that night...no joke. Scary. I would rather have spiders than roaches. Good luck with the weight loss!! Oh, Lynne said she would do a triathlon with me next year if I helped her train for it so you should do it with us!!
Wow!that was a novel but a good read nonetheless. Keep going to the gym girl! It is so worth it! I'm proud of you! Don't flake out either!!! I can't stand spiders either man, I hate them and I haven't seen too many of them here. I'm sure there are heaps around though.
Post a Comment