Sunday, October 08, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

So this weekend is Thanksgiving weekend up here in Canada and I'm sad that none of my family is here :( Mom is in Hawaii with Dan and Roybn and Jeni, Brian, R1, Brian and kids are all down south. Dad is stopping by tomorrow night which will be good!

I decided for the Haslam crew I would make dinner this year and so tomorrow afternoon the shindig is at our place! I'll take some pictures of the tables that I"m setting up...No biggy with paper plates but it'll be fun to decorate a little bit! I've already made my two salads that need to sit in the fridge overnight and tomorrow I"ll get cookin on the Nana buns that are amazing!
I totally forgot that Thanksgiving meant Turkey and so I"m making the ham dinner! I'll have to wait until Christmas for a good turkey becuase I sure miss that...Dad made one all by himself last night for dinner, when we left his house (we were visiting him) the turkey was still cooking at 8:00pm so I wonder when he ended up eating all by himself!

Sean starts his Internal Medicine rotation here on Tuesday. It's the longest rotation and they actually call it Eternal Medicine. I think he finishes up at the end of January. He's in the middle of applying to Residency programs and so in case we don't get into Calgary I've been searching homes in other places...makes Calgary's cost of living seem crazy when you're looking at places in Halifax! Anyway, hopefully we won't have to take that route and we can stay right here!

The boys are hilarious as usual! Like I said before they get up at the crack of dawn and it kills me! Well on Saturday morning I woke up suddenly to a house full of lights on! I looked at the clock and it said 5:15am! I yelled to the bonus room "BOYS?!" and they were quietly saying "what mom"...so I went out there, turned off the lights and dragged them back into bed and told them not to talk or turn on the lights. Well about 10 min later I heard them open the door a crack and I could see the light was on in their room...so I yell "go to bed!" and they close the door. Well this kept happening like 4 times until the 5th time they decided to be extra sneaky! I was kind of sleeping and I heard the door click shut. There was no light on and I could see two shadows literally tip toeing across the hallway to the stairs as they looked into our room! I sternly say "Back to bed!" and all we hear is Brayden give a deep giggle in his old man voice as they run back in their room. We just started laughing even though we were so tired! It's crazy to think that a 2 year old is that sneaky...I guess wtih an older brother it's easy to do! Anyway, today they were good and at least stayed awake in their room until about 700. I was awake but didn't have to deal with them! I love those two rascals!

The baby is doing great! 12 weeks to go! wow...it's flying by! Can't wait though....the nursery is all painted and the crib is set up along with the closet drapes...other than that nothing is done but I'll finish it soon enough here!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Thanksgiving! A Turkey or Ham sounds really yummy! I want some Nana Buns too, enjoy some for me. Heather

Jeni said...

Hah B and D are so funny! I dont know why but that made me think back to when we were little and would sneek around the house in the night hoping not to get caught!! Thanksgiving sounds so fun and yummy too.. I wish I had prepared to make dinner with nana buns tomorrow. Maybe I will make a pumkin pie, I have been craving that for a while now. Sorry We cant be there - but christmas we will be I promise and hopefully soon enough we will be there for thanksgiving!

nena said...

your boys are so funny Libby! They sure had fun today at church with Carson and Quinn, or should i say Carson and Quinn had fun with all their books. HAPPY THANKSGIVING to bad everyone is gone. lets get together on tuesday?

Julie said...

Happy Thanksgiving. I told TJ that if we ever live in Denver I am going to introduce all the American Brinkerhoff's to a Canadian Thanksgiving. By the way...I totally need the Nana Buns recipe. I don't have it????? WTH is that all about?