Saturday, July 01, 2006

Rain Rain Go Away


Well I'm sitting at my computer getting some work done and all of a sudden it starts to rain outside! I thought today was supposed to be a beautiful day? Anyway...I"m hoping it goes away, at least in Cochrane so that our BBQ doesn't get disturbed for tonight! My Dad is making his famous tri-tip BBQ so I"m pumped to stuff myself silly!
This morning me and the girls (Jeni & Robin) and my two boys rushed down to "Crave" to get the famous cupcakes for the party to night! They were busy busy and had so many cupcakes! A bunch of new flavors too...yum! Then we headed to Costco for a quick shop, only to find out that it's closed today! So off to Earl's we went for lunch! The kids were all great actually so that was fun. Now Brayden is taking a much needed nap while the rest of the crew is out at Nana's! It's given me some time to finish my work I have been behind on this week and probably lay down and take a nap. Sean was off golfing early this morning at 700am with Dad and Brian and now is helping his parents pack their stuff up for the big move on Monday! Their downsizing from a 2 storey home into a 2 bedroom trailer in the Arbour Lake trailor community. Wow...I would go crazy! I think it'll be good for them though, being just the two of them! Sean offered to sell most of their stuff on ebay so he's totally excited for that...he's been addicted lately!
I had my ultrasound this week to check up on my cyst...so annoying though, after showing us the baby the girl doing the exam wouldn't let us see my ovary or cyst! She kept saying she can't give out medical information, but all we wanted was for her to move the wand over my ovary so we could peek in! Anyway, so other than seeing the baby it was uneventful...I guess I"ll have to wait until I see my doctor this week to find out the status! I finally got my appointment set up with the Obstetrician! Wow...unless you have connections in Health Care you just get bumped around like a ping pong ball! Luckily when Sean was working on OBS/GYN he was able to hook me up with an awesome Obstetrician that I'll be seeing in August for the rest of my pregnancy! I'm excited becuase for my boys I saw my family doctor and then just got referred off to the Hospital to whomever was working on that day. It was fine and all, but maybe this will be a little more personal for me. I want this pregnancy to be different and this is a good start!
Dan and Robyn arrive on Tuesday and they'll probably be here for the summer! Hopefully Robyn can get in for an ultrasound and get some dates as to when she is due!

I wish we as Canadians were more patriotic. On the 4th of July in the States almost every house has an American Flag flying high in their yard or on their house...but here you hardly see a difference! I love Canada and am so PROUD to be Canadian...I just wish it was more like that here. One day I'll have a big ol' flag pole out front of my property with our proud Canadian Flag flying high! I just think we should take a moment to remember how blessed we all are to live here...the mountains, the open sky, the awesome seasons...I just feel so blessed and I"m thinking about it more today! Happy Canada Day!

6 comments:

Jen, Ryan, Tiernan, Rowan and Caelan said...

yum, I love your dad's tri-tip steak. I am salivating just thinking about it. Glad to hear things are going well, who is your doctor? I didn't know Robin was pregnant? That's exciting, almost all the Miller girls pregnant at the same time!

saltysista said...

Libby,
Can Sean hook Robyn up with a ob? she wants to get checked out when we are there...
Also the tri tip sounds good, we dont like to hear that we are missing that!!! not fair!!!
And we will bring the hot weather with us when we come ok

Krissy Marshall said...

No don't cut the hair...it looks so cute like that!! Good to catch up the other night during our walk. I hope your cyst is doing well. When will you find out?

nena said...

HAPPY BELATED CANADA DAY LIBBY! Glade you had fun, I miss you, your family is taking you away from me, boo hoo hoo! Just kidding no really we need to get together soon , my kids want to play with your. later.

Marilee said...

Hi Libby, It's Marilee! Your blogspot is so cool! and your boys are ADORABLE!! I've just been knobbing around on everyone sites. Its such a fun way to keep in touch!! Especially since I'm soooo horrible at it!! Happy Belated Canada day to you!! Living in the states I find myself always talking about Canada. Yesturday, 4th of July, my friend said, if you love Canada so much, why do you live in the US. Good question!! But I love the US too!! Anyway, maybe I'll see you when I'm home at the end of the month!

tlr said...

Hey libby,
sounds like you have it good getting into an ob that Sean has recommended! Hope everything is going well. We should go to the zoo one of these days! Tamara