Thursday, July 06, 2006

Fast Food?

So Sean and I are watching "Super Size Me", the show where the guys decides to eat Mcdonald's food for an entire month! They talk all about the fast food industry and obesity among children especially as they're the growing population amoung Americans. They were saying that without changing eating habits, all of the children in the year 2000, 1/3 of them will develop type II diabetes in their lifetimes! Wow!!! It makes me feel so bad for letting my children eat fast food! I think next time I go to Wendy's I"ll order the tangerine oranges for the side instead of the fries! I might get some whining but...we'll see! We're such an 'out and about' culture now that we're always on the go, at least I feel that way sometimes, and it's so easy just to pick up lunch somewhere with a park for the kids to play in. Anyway, kind of depressing so I won't talk about it too much!
I can't beleive it's July already! Wow! The weather is amazing and tonight we had a sweet hail/rain storm hit Tuscany! Of course the sun was shining and it was gorgeous outside, but the trampoline was covered in small bits of hail! I love it! The boys got a kick out of it too...I think it's the first time they've seen hail!
I also gave all the boys haircuts on Monday! Drew and Brayden got the BUZZ and Sean got the normal sexy DO! I have to admit that I was a little afraid of what Brayden would look like with no hair...but he is incredibly cute and has the perfect head for it! They are two blondies undoubtedly and I love it! I'll post some pictures when I get off my lazy butt and get my camera out of my car!
THis week has been a huge hang out with the family cousins! Monday we went out to Ghost Lake to go boating! Dad finally got out his boat from storage and we had so much fun! It was gorgeous and I can't believe how many people were out there enjoying the Lake! Sean and I decided that is what we want one day...we love being out near the mountains in a boat and enjoying the awesome weather! I'm glad we like the same things! I honestly can't remember what we did on Tuesday...my mind has left me! Yesterday was filled with fun...It started out with a trip to the Doctor (for me) to review my ultrasound from the week before. I wasn't expecting to find out that my cyst is growing and fast. It seems to be bigger than my uterus right now which worries me a bit...I'm just glad that I'm seeing my Obstetrician in less than a month and hopefully she can give me some comforting words! While at my appointment though they decided that since I was 12 weeks I had to have my 12 week APPOINTMENT and all that comes with it! It was rough juggling the kids for 30 min when I only expected a short appointment for review! geez...the last time I bring my kids with me? YES! So after that sweaty and stressful event, we headed home to meet the cousins. We got a babysitter for the afternoon for the 4 kids so that we could go and enjoy some much needed pedicures and a trip to the mall for a maternity shopping spree! I have to say that it's so much fun shopping with my 2 other sisters that are pregnant too! I guess Robin is the only one that gets bored since she's skinny winny and probably can't stand being in those stores! I remember after I had Brayden that I hated walking past maternity stores! So the day ended with a relaxing dinner at Joey's with NO KIDS! Lizzie was a trooper and acted just like a girl enjoying the shopping and dinner!
Today involved taking the kids to "Cars" which Drew had already seen, but was happy to see it again! I don't think I'll be taking Brayden to another movie anytime soon though...he just wants to walk all over the theatre and bother people.
So now I'm blogging, thinking about the long day tomorrow which will involve the Stampede and Rodeo that mom so nicely bought tickets for! It'll be R2's first time so I'm sure she'll love it! Long day though...hopefully B is able to take a nap in his stroller for a bit!
I know you all are probably bored by now but today I have no pictures to show for my exciting week...like I said, I'll try to get off my butt and use my camera tomorrow!
On a side note...I was thinking today...When you hear people from different countries talk you are usually enthralled by their speech, just wanting to listen to every word and usually think it's neat the way they say things differently? Well is anyone else sick of Americans CORRECTING us for talking like CANADIANS? You wouldn't correct someone from England that they're saying things wrong...but for some reason they feel like it's okay to correct us up in Canada...like we're saying it WRONG! I say be proud for how you talk and remember that it's your canadian accent...I'm going to say b-eh-g...not Baag...if you know what I mean? Anyway...just a thought for today! Ciao!!!

3 comments:

Jeni said...

How about SOOORRY.. that is mine. I notice people down south love it when I speak with my accent though! Stampede will be fun!!

Proud Momma said...

I was trying to remember what you said the other day!

Jen, Ryan, Tiernan, Rowan and Caelan said...

Can't wait to see the boys new doos!