Friday, July 07, 2006

Exhaustion


So today was the Stampede day! We took the C-train down from Dalhousie Station and by the Brentwood stop the train was packed...we were so hot and sweaty that by the time we got to the Stampede (45 min later) we were exhausted by the heat of stinky people standing too close to you! Anyway...Jeni and I immediately snarfed down some corn dogs, mini donuts, fries, and pinapple whip! yumm...that is what I love about the Stampede...you can just eat and eat and it's all so good! Drew finally decided on our way out that he wanted a corn dog so he enjoyed one too! We saw the super dogs and the kids loved that and the rodeo that I think us adults enjoyed a little bit more...no rides today, I think we were saving our energy for West Edmonton Mall when we go on Monday! no naps today either so by the time I got home they were wisked into the tub for a few seconds and then off to bed...didn't take long either! I'm now sitting here with throbbing feet that need to be rubbed...too bad Sean is on call tonight...nobody to take care of ME! Fun day though...I got some cute pictures!
Tomorrow is the stampede breakfast out in Cochrane that I'm looking forward too since I haven't been to one in like 3 years!

I forgot to post a funny thing that happened yesterday. I was working in the morning and I noticed that Brayden wasn't downstairs with Drew...so I went upstairs only to find him in my bathroom...the floor soaking wet and 3 pairs of Drew's underwear soaking wet on the floor. I guess his new favourite thing is to put them in the toilet and flush and take them out! So I cleaned it all up and sent him downstairs. So later that day I was getting ready and blowdrying my hair...when behind me walks Brayden with a new pair of undies in his hands heading for the toilet...ha ha...caught him that time...their minds are hilarious with what entertains them!

7 comments:

nena said...

libby I love the hair, they look so much older! I love it! easy to hey, wash cloth over the head and your done. sounds like you had fun at the Stampede, I took the kids to the parade this morning, It was way to early. Let's try to go down one night just adults and have some fun? That is funny about the underwear.

Jeni said...

YUm about the breakfast - so excited... and how did Bray figure that flushing drews undies was the way to go?? at least it isn't your jewlery or something you is flushing... lets just hope he doens't clog it up!

Stacey Salmon said...

I love the stampede. I wish I was there. I like your kids hair cuts!!
SS

Jen, Ryan, Tiernan, Rowan and Caelan said...

Sounds like you guys are having a blast. Stampede is always a good time. The boys look so cute with their new hair.

Heather Palmer said...

That is funny. Kids will be kids I guess... Scary about the diabetes in todays generations! I'm swearing off happy meals forever!

Marilee said...

You look so cute in your hat Lib! I wish I could be home for the Stampede!! I love Stampede week!! Oh well! I'll be home in 2 weeks. Hopefully we'll be able to see you guys!!

Julie said...

I love me some Dole Whip! SAD. Next year I'm coming for all of July so I can catch the Stampede. My kids would LOVE it!