Sunday, June 11, 2006

Jumping heaven!

Once again it's been awhile since my last post so here I am, when I should be in bed!
This week has been another busy, tired, but fulfilling week with my family! Sean had his first week of his Orthopedic elective here in Calgary and is enjoying it! Other than having to be at the hospital for 630 every morning for rounds and not coming home Tuesday and THursday nights...we love to have him home! Tomorrow night he's on call again and so I'm planning on filling my time with something fun! I still haven't taken the kids to Calaway...maybe it's about time!
So our trampoline finally arrived today...we've only been waiting for about 7 days so not too bad...but Drew was SO excited and has been jumping on it every since...no matter the weather! This morning when he woke up at 6:00am he went downstairs and I heard the door open downstaris to the backyard...needless to say Sean had to remind Drew that it's freezing outside and not time to playoutside yet...maybe he was sleep walking...I'm not sure! But we've decided it was definitely worth the purchase already!
Friday we went to dinner and a movie with Nena and Jeff which was a nice relaxing evening...we were sad that our movie (The Break Up) was sold out and so we ended up going to the Davinci Code (my second time), and everyone enjoyed it! Saturday was swimming lessons which was eventful for Drew! About 2 weeks ago he went and his class put on life jackets and went in the deep pool...this freaked Drew out and he started crying. Then the next week he went down the slide in the kiddy pool and freaked out that Dad wasn't RIGHT there to catch him (even though he was landing on his feet), twisted on the slide halfway down and ended up going under water for a second. So swim class has not been the same every since. The boys have taken turns hating it...Brayden now LOVES to swim and Drew HATES it...I sat with him almost the whole class on the side as he cried, not wanting to go to his class. Frustrating but what can I do? He's only 3 and very fragile...the other boys in his class are 1-2 years ahead of him for sure...maybe next year will be better...I keep telling him that in a month when we go up to West Edmonton mall with his cousins he'd better show them that he loves to swim!
Nana was nice enough to take Drew to "Cars" on Saturday afternoon and he loved it! He's been talking about that movie for ever and wants to go again...ya...I think we'll wait for the rental! Saturday night we had a fun night with G-dad and Mooma out at their place and Sean was able to go hit some balls with G-dad...a nice end to the week for him!
Today was another rough morning for me...COULD NOT get out of bed and missed sacrament (oops) but pulled myself together so the boys could make it to nursery and of course I had choir right after church so I HAD to get that together. This month we're singing "Joseph Smith's First Prayer", a gorgeous rendition and so I'm super excited to hear it in a couple of weeks!
Tonight was spent at Sean's cousin's house (Sheri-Leigh) as her mom (Aunt Priscilla) was in town...so we had a nice BBQ over there...good thing the rain held out for us! and NOW i'm super tired and think I'm probably rambling on about things no one cares about!
I just feel super blessed for everything that I have especially my family! To all of you moms and moms-to-be...your kids are absolute angels to you don't you think? I'm amazed at the amount of love I can have for these two rascals every day...and it grows all the time too...wow...when I think of the stress that I ever put my parents through it makes me overwhelmed becuase of how I'm sure they felt becuase they loved me so much! Anyway...never forget to thank the Lord for these amazing little bundles! They are truly a gift from God.

7 comments:

Heather Palmer said...

Well keep posting cause I like reading about your life and I miss you when you don't post. G and I are sitting here saying how we can't believe B is SO big! Amazing! I keep thinking I need to get Madi into swim lessons but she freaks out when I let water DRIP in her face in the tub. Maybe lessons would help. Anyway...I'm jealous about the tramp - I wish I had a backyard and I would get one. Madi would love it. And thanks for the reminder about the kids being angels. I needed to hear it tonight, it's been a tough day of no naps. I said to Gannon just the other night...I need to remember that they have come down much later than I, so they were far more valiant than I was up there. Therefore, I need to treat them as such. But...sometimes amid the tantrums it's tough to remember. :) Thanks for the post. I've missed you.

Jeni said...

That stinks about Dewy and swimming, He better get over it for west ed- cuase I cant wait to go! Also, your boys are angles lib, but I cant wait to be a mom! Everytime I see a baby I just want to cry already!
And these pics are adorable! I know I always say it but I miss those boys so much and cant wait to see em!

nena said...

i love the picture of drew in the " cowboy hat" I agree libby some days are the worst, but worth it! we would love to come see your tramp.

Krissy Marshall said...

I can't wait for this baby to come and join the world, so we can watch it grow up and share it's own little personality!!

Lara said...

You're invited to the Karaoke party, you too Nena. Apparently you and the Wolffs had the idea. By the way I'm your new visiting teacher so we'll have to come see you soon.

Saunders Family said...

Hey Libby, that tramp is sweet. Did you get it from Costco? I've been wondering what I want to put in our backyard. I think the tramp is going to win the vote. Kids love them and there is so many different things you can do with it.

Lara said...

That's a really cute slideshow. The pictures are nice and big. I didn't really like that bubbleshare before because it was so small. Looks like I'll have to take another look at it.