This was a busy busy week for Sean...again he had to do 2 call nights and so I said goodbye to him on Monday morning (or at least he says he kissed me goodbye) and saw him breifly Tuesday night on his way upstairs to go to bed...and then not again until Thursay night when he came off call. Luckily for me he stayed awake a bit that night to play with the kids and me. His Orthopedic elective is now over and he's starting General Surgery today. This week is all training though so should be more low key than call! As for being a single mom...not too bad this week...my nausea is improving thanks to Diclectin and the boys are good friends so they give me a lot of space and time to myself. I guess work is a good distraction too!
On Friday we got to babysit Matt Wolff for the morning so Erin could take Grace to the dentist. He was fun to have over...Drew enjoyed playing with him and so did Brayden. Matt kept telling me NO he didn't want macaroni for lunch and then when I put the bowl in front of him he devoured every last bite and had seconds! I never beleive kids...I'm in charge...one food for everyone!
That night Sean and I enjoyed a much needed night out and went to "Nacho Libre" and then to Earl's for dinner. It was another Zoolander favourite! Dan...this will be your new favourite I"m sure!
Saturday we missed swimming class but instead went out garage saling with Nena! I spent 30 bucks and found some great stuff! The kids had a good time with new puzzles and finally we have some new books to read to Drew at night...I think I was more excited...I didn't have to read the Cat in the Hat anymore! In the afternoon I went out to Nana's and made my first strawberry pie for Father's Day! It was SSOOOO good...yum!
Sunday was a good day too...I did a piano/voice duet with Jordan Spackman at church and it turned out to be beautiful...I don't get to play the piano much now that I'm the choir director and not the pianist so I really love having those opportunities to play with someone! Someone said to me..."I didn't know you played the piano"...crazy! My first love!
Father's Day actually started with me dragging my lazy butt and nauseous stomach out of bed to make Dad his favourite french toast and bacon. With early church (had to be there at 8:40) it was really early! But Drew helped me and helped me wrap his presents up (BBQ utensils and a mug with a femur bone for the handle). We went into B's room and woke him up (3 hours too early for him) just so he could bring the card in to Dad. He was half asleep the whole morning I think, stumbling everywhere! But we had fun and the french toast was divine!
We had dinner at Nana and Grandad's and indulged in the strawberry pie that was a hit! Then on the way home we brought strawberry tarts to Grandpa Haslam for his day!
All in all a good week I'd have to say! Hopefully more sunshine this week and maybe I"ll finally make it out to Calaway Park! Anyone up for going?
This album is powered by
BubbleShare
- Add to my blog
2 comments:
I miss moms home cooking. And that pie sounds good. you will have to teach me how to make when i come home. i would be up for caloway if i lived there.... I will go while i am there for sure!
WOW a pie Libby? I haven't ventured into the pie making road yet, but perhaps I'll give it try soon. Sounds like you had a great Fathers Day and I'm happy to hear you should be spending more time with Sean.
Post a Comment