Saturday, June 03, 2006

And then there were 3...

This has been a slow week for me. Recuperating ended up being a lot harder than I expected. On Monday my body just became so tired, achy, headachy, nauseous and whatever else you can imagine! I had a bunch of people bring me a meal for each day this week though and I have to say that was awesome! It's funny how your dinner is the last thing at the end of a long day that you want to do, so much appreciated!
This morning is no different, I'm dragging myself around my house trying to function for my boys and it's hard!
So, a little secret I've been keeping from everyone is that when I went into the hospital last weekend we were really worried becuase I was 7 weeks pregnant and we thought the pain might be an ectopic pregnancy. I wasn't telling anybody becuase I thought if I miscarried I wouldn't have to talk about it much. Well while in the hospital of course they did an ultrasound to figure things out and to see the cyst that had ruptured. They did see the cyst and also the fluid that had dispersed in my pelvis...but the fetal sac was empty. I was crushed but I guess kind of prepared for it because I had had one miscarriage before exactly like this one. The only problem was I wasn't bleeding at all...so basically I had to wait around to miscarry...whenever that may be! (12 weeks with my last) Anyway, I wasn't feeling any symptoms of pregnancy and the Gynecologist that was seeing me in the hospital was convinced that I would miscarry. BUT...the last thing she said to me when she discharged me was "Prove me wrong!". I was hopeful but skeptical given the medical diagnosis and what we saw.
Monday rolled around and she wanted me to get some blood work done to see what my Beta HCG levels were doing. In the hospital my levels were reading 13,000. Along with getting my blood work done I also ran into a very sick body and a very nauseous stomach! the same pregnancy symptoms that I have gotten with both of my boys. Sean called the next day for my levels since they hadn't faxed them off yet to my Gyny...they were at 30,000 just in 3 days! Sean was floored and didn't know what was going on...and when Dr. Robert called me Thursday night she was very confused and wanted to ultrasound me on Friday to see what the cyst was doing and if in fact I did have an ectopic pregnancy.
I do have to say that in the meantime I was so emotionally and mentally drained and had only one thing on my mind occupying my thoughts continuously...what is going on...I feel pregnant but I'm not...what the! I had Sean give me a blessing becuase I didn't know what to do with myself and it was awesome...I know that there were a lot of prayers in my behalf as well and I'm so grateful for those!
So Friday morning they called me and set up my appointment STAT over at Southcentre mall. I was SO nervous...but the technician was awesome and understood my nerves so she went right away to the uterus before she looked at the cyst...the my shock and amazement...there was a baby and a heart beat! of course I'm a blubberpuss and the technician wasn't sure if it was tears of joy or sadness! She then reassured me that it wasn't twins and so I told her they were tears of joy! ha I'm waiting to hear back from Dr. Robert when she gets the results. The cyst is still there partially and I don't know yet if it's grown since last weekend. I know it's normal to have cysts on your ovaries so I'm hoping that nothing comes of it! ANYWAY...I'm measuring for 7 weeks and would have to sum it up to a miracle! I can't understand why it wouldn't be there last week but this week it is! I just feel so blessed and so excited! I beleive my due date puts me right around Drew's birthday of Jan 17-25. Sean will be interviewing for Residency's so hopefully he's not out of town like he was when Brayden was born!
The kids are great on another note and it's so nice to have Nana back in town from her month long excursion!
I just gave B some juice in the kitchen and Drew says "Mom...go back on the computer" as he give me this look...so I turn the corner and peak back around at him and he's climbing the counter to get the bag of chips. How do they become so sneaky at this age? Good thing we can read them! I knew exactly what he was going to do!
Well so far for my summer break I don't have any shows to watch except "So you think you can Dance". It's kind of nice I guess becuase you're not tied to your TV.
I have an hour until swimming class so I have to go pull myself together!

17 comments:

Jen, Ryan, Tiernan, Rowan and Caelan said...

Yeah! That is the best news. I'm glad your agonizing is over. Maybe baby will be born on T's b-day (the 23rd).

nena said...

glade everthing worked out how is should have! we are so happy for you guys, dinner was great last night! I'm still full.

Fernandez Family said...

Your blog had me totally gripped to reading - i couldn't blink and my eyes were starting to water! I'm so happy everything is working out and you are starting to feel better...i mean, prego stuff aside. How exciting!
Otherwise...totally agree with tv. so you think is good, but I found myself watching the national spelling bee...looking forward to new season!

Heather Palmer said...

Libs! I'm so happy for you. I'm sorry for your agony, but glad it turned out good in the end. When I was reading your HCG levels I totally thought you were going to say there was two! :) Anyway...I was getting all emotional reading that so I'm so excited for you! What a miracle! Congrats! Let's hope for Jan 21. I was thinking Drew was going to share a BDay with me but maybe this one will hit the mark.
I wish I could be there to help out, but am so glad everyone is taking care of you with meals and stuff! After I had Nixon down here so unexpectedly Gannon informed the RS, but I didn't hear from anyone. Gannon was in the middle of finals that whole week so it was very difficult to take care of things on my own. That probably sounded like complaining, but my point was that with other kids around it's hard and I'm so glad you were taken care of! Lot's of Love! And Congrats again!

Heather Palmer said...

Oh and as for the 3-year-old sneakiness; it must be the age. Madison is the same. If I'm in the other room and she is about to do something naughty, she will actually seek me out to tell me to stay in that room and not come in. :) It's funny that they attempt to be private about what they know they are not supposed to do, but end up drawing attention to it in the end. I guess that is natures way of helping us moms out! :)

Lara said...

Congratulations you guys! What an emotional rollercoaster. I was getting stressed out just reading about it. I'm glad things turned out well. Those little miracles happen sometimes.

Jeni said...

LIB - I cant wait - YOu guys are truly blessed... and Tanya - CRAP I forgot about the spelling bee, I LOVE those things I am not kidding. I have been so busy I forgot it started on Thursday! STUPID NBA distractions!

Melinda Palmer said...

Congrats Libby! That's so exciting for you guys. I'm glad you're doing better...what a scary episode!

Stacey Salmon said...

That's so ecxiting that you are having another baby. I am so happy for you. I hope you feel 100% soon!
SS

saltysista said...

spellin bees are stupid. what happened to beavis and butthead

saltysista said...

I won a spelling bee in Tyler, Texas once. I was such a nerd and it was the highlight of my life. Nerd Alert!! On another note, I am so happy for you, Libby. I love you guys so much!

saltysista said...

I won a spelling bee in Tyler, Texas once. I was such a nerd and it was the highlight of my life. Nerd Alert!! On another note, I am so happy for you, Libby. I love you guys so much!

Saunders Family said...

Hey Libby, I hope your feeling better. It sounds like you've been through a great deal of pain and stress.
When I was 3 months pregnant, we had just moved back up to Calgary from St. George, when I had a gush of fluid. We went to the Emerg and they said I had a miscarage and that they were going to book me for an ultrasound the next morning. I went to the ultrasound and they told me the baby looked perfectly normal. That was Anna, and now look at her. I'm so glad everything worked out for you guys. I'm glad to here your feeling better. Congradualations!!!

Sandra

Saunders Family said...

Hey Libby, I hope your feeling better. It sounds like you've been through a great deal of pain and stress.
When I was 3 months pregnant, we had just moved back up to Calgary from St. George, when I had a gush of fluid. We went to the Emerg and they said I had a miscarage and that they were going to book me for an ultrasound the next morning. I went to the ultrasound and they told me the baby looked perfectly normal. That was Anna, and now look at her. I'm so glad everything worked out for you guys. I'm glad to here your feeling better. Congradualations!!!

Sandra

Krissy Marshall said...

Excellent news Libby. I knew everything would be ok...I even said a little prayer for you after I left on Wednesday. (I know you're thinking - Krissy pray? - but I did).

tlr said...

Congrats Libby, and I hope that you are doing better.

Leishman's said...

libby, hope all is well.....we can't imagine what is happening.....sherilyn has a cyst on her placenta back at 10 weeks and we had to go to a genetics councelor(sp?) and that freaked us out....well now we have Mckenna and she healthy as a horse@!