Sunday, April 23, 2006

West Edmonton Mall Weekend!!!



This weekend I took the boys up to Edmonton to meet Daddy for a much needed get away! We stayed at the "West Edmonton Mall" and slept in the "ice room"! It was so much fun and the boys loved sleeping in bunk beds made of ice.

When we got there on Friday we made our way to the Water park. I didn't think Brayden would have much fun since the last two swim lessons he's had have been 30 min crying sessions! But as soon as we put him on the water slide he couldn't get down fast enough! He was wiggling his legs so fast...by the end of the night he was diving down head first into the water, trusting that we would catch him of course! They both drank way too much water, followed by Brayden falling off of the chair in the food court onto his head. Needless to say they both slept well that night!

THe next day we took them to Galaxyland (the rides) and they were in heaven! We started off with the train ride around the park and after every ride Drew would say "Mom, what's next?" He couldn't get enough. After a few rides Brayden fell asleep for his noon nap and we went and had pizza and diet coke! (Oh...the diet coke!)

When Brayden woke up we let them loose in the huge play park! Once we entered I didn't see Drew for an hour and a half at least! he was off! Sean and I took turns following Brayden up every tube and slide in the place. Some were 3 stories high and I think I'll need knee surgery after some of those tubes! I don't know how kids do it! After that we headed home...Drew fell asleep in the stroller leaving Galaxyland and didn't wake up until we stopped for dinner in Red Deer a couple hours later! It was an awesome weekend! I just needed one more day to do some shopping on my own! Next time right Sean?!!!

On another note, one of our stolen bags out of our car was found across the street from our house scattered around the park! Who would ever think to look right under their nose when they get robbed? Anyway, I guess they found no need for a stethoscope and a white coat...they even took the geneology papers out of his computer bag and put them in the other bag for us! I guess they were only interested in the electronics! dirty theives!

Until the next time!

3 comments:

Jeni said...

Looks so fun libbus.. I cant wait to take Newbie up there! B is a daredevil rascal that is for sure! I am glad you guys had fun! I miss Canada

Krissy Marshall said...

When Jeff and I were on our way to Hawaii I read in a Mag that West Edmonton mall is the hot spot for vacations for families. It was funny becuase the couple used to travel around like Jeff and I, and then resorted to having a mall vacation. Anyways they were surprised how much fun they had, and never even saw the sun!!

nena said...

you looked like you had so much fun! we wish we could have come with you. Next time.