Today is Tuesday and time seems to be frozen for me lately! Sean has now officially been away for 10 days. I thought I would be super tough and not really miss him, afterall he's not around much anyway, but I soon realized how much he is around. The worst day was Sunday when I sat at home all alone, of my own choice, but so lonely and bored! Luckily I've been able to talk to him every night and see how things are going over in Halifax. He's doing great, lots of long hours and late nights but he's learning a lot and now another Clerk has arrived to give him some competition. He didn't like that, but I told him it would only make him work harder which he soon realized would be a good thing. I'm definitely looking forward to April 1st when he comes back for a day though! We're going to take the boys to the movies "Ice Age 2". Drew is waiting patiently to see that one and it will be Brayden's first movie.
Well about a week ago we got satellite tv with a PVR! Finally, tv doesn't control my life anymore! This has to be one of the best investments I've ever made! It allows you to record all your shows at the earliest times that they play and sit down and watch them whenever you have time. I think I actually went to bed at 9:30 one night this week! You can also pause and rewind live tv which is pretty cool if you have to leave the room during your show! Since Sean has been gone I've been able to record both previous episodes of 24 so that we can watch them together when he gets back! 3 straight hours of 24...ah, what bliss! (those of you that are 24 fans understand what I mean)
I was talking to my dad this morning. He's over in London and was telling me that he had a chance to go to dinner the other night at the same place that the kids ate dinner In Harry Potter. He said there were a bunch of business men sitting at those long tables acting a bit like boys! Hilarious! I guess they were allowed to film in that room but weren't allowed to hang up any banners so they had to re-make the set to finish some of the filming of the dinner scenes. One of my dreams is to go to Europe and see places like that, but especially to see the massive cathedrals and maybe play on an organ or two. I'll have to go prepared and ready to play in case they let me.
Brayden has been a huge grouch for the past little while becuase he's been teething. Drooling all over the place and crying at the drop of a pin! It gets that little nerve in my brain sometimes, but if I pull myself away from what I'm doing for just a second to cuddle him he usualy calms down. Drew has been learning lately how to share and how to be obedient...unfortunately I have to threaten him too! Why do kids respond to threats and not just to straight asking? If anyone has a solution let me know...until then, I'll continue with what works! Robin, at least you know what I mean!
My favourite composer lately is Antonin Dvorak! If you have a chance to download his music do it! It is so calming and beautiful. My all time favourite from him is from his 9th symphony "The New World" called "Largo".
1 comment:
Who does PVR?
Sounds like you are doing well. If you want to get together again let me know, I am free most days...
Post a Comment