Thursday, May 16, 2013

Tornado watch

Well last night there were big thunderstorms in Dallas and surrounding areas and because of that, happened to be a tornado watch south of Dallas.  One about a mile wide touched down and killed 6 people and injured 100 more.  I'm just so grateful it wasn't more north where we live.  Natural disasters are so scary...even thunderstorms freak me out a little.  I'm always on edge when there is a big thunderstorm.  Last night it got me thinking about what people used to do that didn't live in houses that protected them.  It must have been so loud outside and scary not to know what was coming.  Apparantly this is tornado season right now so I better buckle up I guess!

I can't believe May is half way over!  There is only 3 1/2 more weeks of school left!  I feel like this year has gone by so fast, yet so slow!  I hate when there is something to anticipate, time does not fly by like you want it to.  I told Sean the other night this year feels like being pregnant.  Pregnancy is the worst because for 9 months you wait and it's the longest 9 months you'll ever experience because the pay off is so big in the end and the final product you're waiting for is so worth it.  I feel like that with Sean finishing his training.  He's been in training for 13 years!  I mean imagine the debt load that comes with that much school and living and 5 children?  Let's just say that most people would keel over, or maybe declare bankrupcy? Either way...luckily I haven't taken those options, I'm still holding on for dear life, to my dear husband, hoping he ends up with a good job in a few months! To be able to pay off a credit card...oh the joy I'm going to feel:) I try not to focus on things like that, but the stresses of finances are heavy on a marriage.  I keep reminding myself everyday though that I am so blessed.  The blessings far outweigh the stresses in my life and I'm so grateful for that.  My biggest source of joy are my children.  They keep me aware and alive and on my toes all the time!  From Nina's constant smile and excitement to Brayden's tender heart that always needs reminding that we all love him so much, at the end of the day these simple joys give me strength and keep me going.

3 comments:

Jeni said...

They are scary but they happen all spring long here!
Love you guys! Hang in there.

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

Your family is so adorable! We had a few moments where we had to get inside our bathroom because of tornados in Tallahassee, and I hated every minute of it! Now, we have to worry about hurricanes. At least with hurricanes, you have MORE warning.

Alysha Sladek said...

That would terrify me!! Good luck!
And I can relate to the whole schooling thing. Not quite as long but still. Not fun!! Glad you're almost done.