What do I do with a 2 year old (almost 3) that won't stop crying??? I swear if this is a look into her future I am going to slit my wrists! She is insane people! She screams and cries over the smallest little thing, or screams and cries after getting in trouble for getting into my make up or lotion (an every day incident). Today it was Sean's hair cream all over the side of her bed!
I finally get her calmed down and she wants me to hold her, so I do...but she can't relax, totally stiff body and when I try to ask her what she wants she loses it again! Oh...my...gosh! I'm at my whits end! I can hear her upstairs right now banging herself around her room, who knows what she is doing but she keeps calling "mommy!!!!!" in a screaming fit!
I'm losing my patience and the only thing to do is write down my feelings or I might punch my fist through a wall.
Seriously...I need advice...what is this? She is bat crazy! How do you have so much energy to cry that much? I think she has spent half of the entire day in her room...!
I"m off to try to calm her down again but seriously? Lotti...where is your sweetness girl?
3 comments:
You are doing the right thing by not giving in.
It is soo hard, but I have a very screamy bunch and making sure they know that they are not in charge is the key. They act out and cry to see if you are going to give in and what they can get away with. You have to just be able to tuen it off and ignore. A least she stays in hER room, mine wont even stay in! It is sooo frustrating.
Prayer. Lots of prayer. Also I just bought a book called tempering the tantrums. It's good.
You can do it. Loves. Sorry I didn't answer my phone tonight, it hhurts to talk.
Please let me know if you come up with a solution. I'd love to hear it. My little Emme is almost 3 and is exactly the same. The other day I sat her down and just told her that she's too old to cry and scream about everything and that she needs to just talk about it or explain what she needs. So far it hasn't helped much, so if someone gives you a magical solution, please pass it along to me.
sorry, that was from me Becky, not Steve.
Post a Comment