I have a few minutes to write down my story, mostly for myself to look back at, and anybody else who is interested!
So when my mom arrived on the 16th we were outside walking HARD every day to try to go into labor. I was early with all my babies so I thought for sure this would happen for me! By Thursday night I had decided I would get a good night's sleep and get up and get ready in the morning, drink castor oil and do an enema (lovely I know) and be good to go while the kids were at school! My body obviously had other ideas! Last time I drank it I put a couple ounces with some orange pop and downed it...this time I made the huge mistake of drinking it in a ginormous milkshake (puke!) About 20 minutes after I downed it I promptly puked it back up, although some managed to make it through my system and clean me out. Wasn't too bad, just a good clean out really!
So had some cramps but nothing more. We walked more and more, Saturday too! I think Mom and I went to dinner and a movie Saturday night because why not! Nothing was happening!
Sunday we went to church, still feeling nothing, and after church I drank the remaining oil but this time as a shot with some orange pop like last time. It was nasty but not enough to puke it up. Did the enema and waited. I went for a walk with Sean around the block swiftly a few times but still waited. That evening things started heating up with contractions about 4 minutes apart for about an hour, then they stopped! AH! So I sat on the couch and decided this would never happen...but as I sat there with Sean things started up again and I casually made note of how far apart they were. I think every woman knows when you get that one contraction that is just a little bit more intense than the last and deeper, that it's the real deal. I stood up and went upstairs and started getting things together and Sean did the same. It's funny, we just knew that was it. So we left the house at 1100pm, got to the hospital, got checked and they said I was a 2! As if! So she suggested we walk around for a couple of hours. We took off and walked around the hospital, Sean took me on the tour of all the floors he works on, even showed me the "on call room"! ya...not very exciting, kind of reminded me of an old dorm room. We made our way all the way to the other side of the hospital to the Orthopedic wing and I felt strong contractions! I had a sense to make my way back and stay close so we did. As soon as we got back they checked me and I was a 5 with strong contractions. Since they knew I usually went pretty fast they immediately walked me over to the labor room and a few minutes later when they checked me I was an 8. They hooked up the laughing gas for me and I think I sucked it for 2 contractions and felt the need to push. Sure enough I was a 10 that fast and needing to push. I don't know how long it took for her to "Pop" out as the kids would say, but it felt like 3 pushes and just minutes. I don't know what I would have done without the laughing gas...it was my saving grace...and it's what I blame my loose mouth on! ha ha...it's funny what pain can do to your vocabulary in times of extreme anguish! Sean says she was very blue when she came out and I remember it taking a little bit for her to cry, but eventually she did and they weighed her in at 9lb 3oz! I had guessed 9lb 2oz so I was the closest, but I"m just so glad to have a big baby! They eat and sleep fantastically!!
Nina Jayne Haslam
April 23, 2012 - 9lb 3oz, 21inches long
It took forever for the placenta to come out and it seemed like forever for them to stitch me up. I felt like I was being torn apart. The pain was unbearable, it's just a miracle that we live to tell this tale really! I"m constantly amazed at the human body!
So that's my story, we only stayed in the hospital for another day and all the kids came to visit and they were so excited! They all help out a ton around the house and just dote on Nina, I love it!
Nana and auntie Jeni have been here helping me out and I don't know what I would do without them here! I seriously am so thankful for their help because this house and mama would be a big hot mess without them! Sean has been amazing too, seriously, being in the middle of studying for his exam tomorrow, he hasn't let me down and has been so awesome this whole experience. What a patient and loving man, I just love him so much and I"m so blessed to have this whole family.
Lots of resting and trying to put my feet up until they leave this week, then it's up to me to handle it all! One step at a time though.














No comments:
Post a Comment