Thursday, November 10, 2011

Not this again

Well it is now the time of the toilet once again around here.  I was putting it off until the bitter end because let’s face it, if you had had the experience I had with Taylor you would never want to potty train again!  I absolutely hate it with a passion, I can’t even tell you!

But Lotti has decided on her own I guess that it’s time.  She insisted on going to the toilet the other day after I had put on a pull up and she insisted that I “get out!”  She had to do it on her own…again I’m fine with that.  The problem comes when she doesn’t want to go poo!  What is with kids being scared of that?  I don’t get it…it falls into the deep abyss of the toilet and you get to flush it away…how fun is that?

Anyway, she is doing pretty good…minor accident yesterday, still peeing at night (in a pull up) no biggie…today she has peed a couple of times but refuses to poop.  I even offered to call Dora (aka Auntie Jeni with a really bad spanish accent…Surprised smile) but she decided to call Rapunzel.  We caught Rapunzel going into the gym but she kindly took a couple of minutes for us and cheered Lotti on as she didn’t try to poo. Actually a little bit happened, but not really!  Only I would notice.  So we’re still anxiously awaiting that momentSmile 

Enough about poop…

Char loves to go to the front door, put on her boots, coat and get her purse full of crafty little objects to bring to the store, and then comes into the kitchen and says “I’m ready mom!” It’s very cute I must say!

The other day Sean came home adorned with a huge bouquet for me, and two single circus roses for the girls.  Lotti was in a very bad mood and didn’t acknowledge him at first, but later when she warmed up was pretty excited to have her own flower.

DSCF2019DSCF2022

DSCF2023DSCF2025DSCF2026

Not much else going on around here.  Busy November with Super Santa on Friday, Young Women in Excellence on Saturday and Sean’s OITE exam and the final swimming classes for the boys, give a talk on Sunday and start the week all ova!

I only wish I was hopping along to Brazil with my parents in a couple of weeks!

2 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

I am dreaaaaading the potty training phase of parenting. We have a potty but Brin just likes to sit on it. I know she JUST turned two, but we aren't in a rush. at. all. Don't even tell me, the weekends seem to fly by WAY too quickly and then come Sunday night, I jsut want to crawl in a hole and stay there!

Alysha Sladek said...

oh how I loathe potty training. I'm really behind the 8 ball with Will. Sounds like she's close to having it down though. That's awesome!