I love my children, I truly do, but that doesn't mean I have to understand them right?
I can't even count the number of times I've counseled my kids NOT to write or draw on anything unless it is made from a tree...you'd think this is something I would only have to teach Lotti, maybe Taylor now! Tonight I find that a certain 7 year old has taken a pencil and drawn on his wall and all over his dresser...and I mean every drawer with huge letters "DREW". Why?? I ask...
Now he's crying uncontrollably upstairs because now he's in trouble...I don't know what kind of trouble yet but I'm thinking about it...what is the appropriate consequence? AH...my mind doesn't work fast enough.
L
7 comments:
yikes, we have 1 or 2 ourselves and it is frustrating...
7 years they understand, but don't....take away something he loves, wii, ds, sports for a night....I don't know! good luck
Ughh I feel your pain!! Just found orange sharpie all over the basement walls! no one will claim it, but I have my guesses.
I get how you feel I just found my seven year old PLAYING in the toilet... and I mean Water was EVERYWHERE in their new bathroom down stairs. Putting toys in the toilet then flinging the water every where... YUCK!!! they were grounded for a week no TV, movies or Itouch! it worked.
it's hard to deny you were the one who did it when you sign your name to your work. My parents tell me that I used to do that all the time and then try to deny it was me.
maybe you should be more specific...dressers are made from trees too. (if it's a wooden dresser that is). he was just obeying you. okay, all sarcasm aside, that stinks!! my little brother used to take screw drivers to his dressers and carve things in them. BOYS!
Maybe he thought someone didn't know whose dresser it was.
Sorry lib.
Little makes mE more angry that finding ink or pencil on stuff.
I'm not sure of an appropriate consequence but I do know that sometimes its okay to take your time to think of one! I'm a believer that the punishment needs to fit the crime as much as possible. So maybe he needs to be grounded for a day and then forgo allowance or something so he can buy paint to cover the writing on his wall. And of course he would help you paint. As for the dresser, I don't know. Its hard for a 7 year old to save up enough money to pay for a new dresser!!! Good luck!
Post a Comment