Friday, October 01, 2010

Pie Pie oh my…

Ok…so I can’t stop talking about pie you may have noticed…it’s just a slight addiction I have that’s all.  Anyway…here are some of the apple pies I made a couple of weeks ago…or was it last week?  I don’t know…anyway…I’m trying to perfect the art of pie and I think I’ve got it now!

IMG_5073 IMG_5074

These are some peach pies I made yesterday and I whipped them together in like an hour and a half…done and done!  My dough was perfect and I had the perfect amount of crust on both pies!  First time for this!  I kept the lattice designed one for Sean since he loves my pie and he devoured his slice last night…seriously ridiculously delicious! 

IMG_5083 IMG_5085IMG_5084

Anyway…I got my hair done the other day…starting to add some highlights to the dark brown and I’m loving it!

IMG_5077 IMG_5078 

Lotti Lotti Lotti…she is constantly into my stuff!  I dedicated this cupboard to her but I have started regretting that decision because of the amount of times I have to clean the cupboard stuff off the floor!  I think I might just baby proof this house now…it’s driving me a little batty!

IMG_5080  

Here is the crew this morning for breakfast before the bus came.  I love when we’re all together…it was fun…and Char loves to kneel at the bench instead of sit in her highchair at the counter because she can be a big kid with everybody else.

 IMG_5086 IMG_5089 IMG_5090 +IMG_5091 IMG_5092

So my week has been lowsy with a capital L!  I woke up Sunday morning with a really sore throat…you know the one that is deep and you know is more than a cold?  Anyway, went into the doc on Monday morning to get a throat swab and had to wait until YESTERDAY for the results! Hello?  So this week has been full of achy body, razor blade throat, headaches galore, sore neck, complete exhaustion…all because of strep throat!  My swab was positive and so now I feel WAY better after only 24 hours of antibiotics.  Seriously…why couldn’t he just have prescribed that to me on Monday?  He totally knew what it was by looking at it?  arg…

Well now I’m feeling better and my plan is to work out today because I haven’t been able to work out with razors in my throat.  I tried…and failed:(

The weather has been weird here.  One day it’s a little chilly and no humidity and then BAM…it rains and the next few days are like 100% humidity and hot!  So I’ve decided to keep my air conditioner on until I’m sure the weather has changed for the colder! 

Man, I feel like I have nothing to talk about these days…I think I’m getting less and less interesting! 

My boys are selling magazines right now (watch out you might be getting a phone call about it!) and Sean took them out last night to visit two of his colleagues at their apartments.  I had him bring the video camera with him so I could watch their door approach that they practiced.  Well they ended up selling 3 magazines which was great but the video footage was less then impressive when it comes to selling magazines!  One of the guys that let them in told Drew to make himself comfortable, like he would at home…so what does he do immediately?  Takes his socks off and jumps up on the couch, throws a pillow to the other couch as it was in his way and proceeds to stand on the couch for a moment before he sits down!  Oh MY…luckily these were single guys who probably couldn’t care less but still…Drew?  That kid…

Brayden is pushing for the Reader’s Digest because with each sale of that he gets some cool stuffed animal that can be sling shot across the room.  When Sean was prepping them on what to say he said “Make sure you make conversation before you get right into selling.  Ask them what they do and what they like to do as a hobbie maybe”.  So Brayden starts to practice with Sean (nice roll play Elder Haslam!) and says “So do you like to read?  So how’s your life?” to which I started snickering and had to let him know it wasn't at him, but at Lotti who was spilling her yogurt all over herself.  Anyway…very cute.  Hopefully they are successful in getting their 30 sales which is their goal. 

4 comments:

Jeni said...

I love you boys but don't call us. We will not buy any. I am on strict no mag policy with Brian.

I love tays bangs, soo cute. It makes her look really old.

Pies! I want them now. Seriously send me your crust recipe.

Sara said...

hope this isn't creepy... I lllove your hair and I am craving some pie so bad. post that recipe!!

lynne said...

Beautiful pies!! Love your hair!! Love those darling kids!!

Julie said...

Those pies look awesome! I wish we lived closer to each other so you could give me some pie making lessons!!!!