Well when we got home from church today I put Lotti up in bed and went and layed down on the couch! I couldn't believe how fabulous that felt! I was laying there thinking "Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...peace and quiet for at least 2 hours on this comfy couch, not thinking about food (fasting) and kids playing super mario bros while they snack". It really was divine, something I never do for myself! Half way through my rest the phone rang and it was Sean's secretary asking if I was ok to have the missionaries over for dinner. I really should just learn to keep food around for Sunday meals as this is what usually happens. Luckily I do have a few things that I can whip together (including nana buns that are rising right now!) so no worries.
Friday night I went to a jewelry party hosted by my friend Jen. It was featuring jewelry from Lia Sophia and it was awesome! I spent a little too much and I can't wait to get my peices! Saturday morning I got up right after Sean's alarm went off (645) since the sleep in Saturday morning doesn't exist around here! The kids and I had a little breakfast and then wandered down the street to the various yard sales. I was actually really proud of what we found, lots of cute stuff for the kids. I found a cute baby blow up pool that the girl told me was originally 75 bucks (which I just saw on Costco.ca) but she was selling it for 15 since it was 2 years old. Sweet deal I think...then I get it home and blow it up? Ya, a couple holes that I will now have to find! Who sells things that have holes in them and doesn't advertise? arg...cute pool though so I'll have to fix it up.
Then in the afternoon I took the 3 older kids to the movies and we met up with some friends and we saw Shrek. Very cute movie, but I still think Shrek 2 was the funniest. After they came over for a BBQ and it was yummy! The kids played in the pool a bit and we had a good time.
I love weekends like that. The next couple weekends Sean is working on Saturday so they'll be lonely for a bit, but the last Saturday this month we're heading up to TO to go to the temple so I'm looking forward to that day. It's been a LONG time.
I just got my 2009 book in the mail and it's fabulous as usual!

5 comments:
Where do you get your books from? It looks great?!
yes, i'd love to know where you publish your blog book too. i've had my 2006 book almost finished for about a YEAR. must...finish...it...
email me and let me know k? not like you don't have a million other things to do... :)
We have that Ballerina kit too. It's really cute until all you have stuck in your head is "bella bella bella dancerella...). That is if you have the DVD that goes along with it.
Your blog book looks like it looks great! I love having my blog books!!!!!! Good job on your yard sale finds and that is so annoying about the hole in the pool!
Post a Comment