I actually made it to a bunch of things on my 'to do list' today and was quite proud. I had 3 kids with me today and we headed out to Toys R Us first to get Char her presents. They had fun picking things out and trying to figure out what was the best 1 year old present. They're all kind of the same but I did my best looking for the best deal coupled with something that I knew wouldn't be played with once and then left for dust! I decided my gift to her would be a new stroller! ha...I know you're thinking how selfish of me but she really does love it;) All my strollers are doubles and I hate bringing doubles with me anywhere so I was in need of a single one. I found a great deal and it's a nice one that actually has handles that are my height!
After that we headed over to Old Navy to find some shorts. I had bought some the other day and ended up loving them so I wanted to go back and find some more in another color. I was successful, a little TOO successful actually, if you know what I mean! I really do love Old Navy. I have never left that store without something in hand. I actually found a really cute bikini too that looks cute, and will look even cuter in a few months!
After that we went down the street to Michaels to purchase the icing colors I needed for my cake. I quickly got the colors and hurried to the check out. Lotti was SO tired and I knew I needed to be fast. She was sitting in the grocery cart in the seat and I turned my back for a few seconds to put my debit pin in and suddenly I heard a 'bang'! I turned around and Taylor was laying underneath the cart and Lotti was of course on the ground too. Tay had tried to climb the cart and it came toppling down on her. I think Lotti must have hit her head on the ground because I'm sure it came down rather fast. She started screaming and I just tried to get out of there as quickly as possible. Poor thing! She cried for a bit and so I took them through A&W for a cheeseburger and when I handed a 1/4 of the burger back to Char she got a huge smile on her face and was so excited to feed herself! oh man...watch out for this one!
My last stop was Costco and we made it! I had a list and went in and came out with only those things on the list! Seriously, very proud of myself!
So I have another quick trip to the grocery store and dollar store in the morning for last minute party stuff and then I'm home making homemade cheese soup with bread bowls and jello! We have some friends coming over for the party tomorrow night and their daughter's birthday is on Saturday so I told her I'd make her a cake too...we'll see if that happens tomorrow...
I'm off to bed.
L
3 comments:
making it through costco with just the list is AMAZING!! Good for you!
Have fun with the party today!!
Can't wait to see the cake and hear what it is going to be! You always make such cute cakes!
Ohh the cart crashing down... Hate that in public. Why do people always just stare? I always book it out asap too.
Carts tipping over is one of my biggest parental fears!!!! Poor girls and poor you! And congrats on the Costco trip. That's borderline miraculous that you got in and out with only the stuff on your list!!!!!! Good job!
Post a Comment