Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Almost

I think we have a walker on our hands! Char has shown no signs of wanting to walk on her own yet. She walks around furniture no sweat and pretty good when you hold her hand. The other day though, Sean and I got down on the floor and sat across from eachother and tried to get her to walk to us and she did NOT want to. She would just collapse to the floor and giggle. Well today I sat across from her and let her go and she stood still, like all of a sudden she realized she could do that. Then she took a couple steps and fell towards me! I guess that is how it starts. I'm going to practice a lot with her and maybe, just maybe by Friday (birthday!) she will get the courage to take off.

I had to go to the mall with the girls this morning because that's where I usually do my banking since it has somewhere convenient to park (a parking lot!) That is one pet peeve I have about being here is the banking issue. The other banks are either far far away, or right downtown where there is nowhere to park. So anyway, I did some banking and then Tay was hungry so we went downstairs to the food court. The kids have been watching "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" a lot lately and the beginning scene when cheeseburger's are falling out of the sky has caused Tay to have a huge craving for them! So of course that's what the girls ate and Lotti ate an entire burger! I enjoyed the smells of them but didn't eat, I had my usual Subway later. Oh how I wanted to sink my teeth into a hot juicy burger though...it wasn't worth it. I didn't get a chance to do much else since Char fell asleep and I had to get her home to nap or I would be working out tonight which isn't my favourite time to do it. Luckily she went to bed later this afternoon for me and is currently still sleeping, so I got my work out in. I'm in my 4th week of P90X and it's called the recovery week of phase I. A little more yoga, stretching, kickboxing and crazy abs...but nice to not be so intense for a week. Next week is phase II so I'm sure it'll kick it up a notch!

So speaking of Lotti's birthday, it's sneaking up on me and I can't believe it's on Friday! I have to figure out food since some people are coming over and then I have to figure out Father's Day too! Does he get breakfast in bed AND a nice dinner or just one? Well since I'm the cook I guess he'll be getting both...I'm thinking strawberry pie since fresh strawberries just started coming out in the farmer's markets. We'll see!

L

4 comments:

Jeni said...

Let the salivating begin.

Alysha Sladek said...

I can't believe she's going to be ONE! Wow has that year ever gone fast.

Alysha Sladek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

Mmmmmmm...juicy burgers. YUM! Good for you for resisting!!!!

You're so good to think ahead for the fathers day meals. I barely gave it a thought this year since I had just run a 24 hour race and my hubby wasn't even home! I'm a loser!!!!

And good job on p90x. We have it and its down there waiting for me to start but I'm too chicken! I'll just stick with running and going to the gym!!!!