Friday, April 16, 2010

still waking up

Last night was BRUTAL! When your kids sleep through the night all the time, any night that is out of the ordinary kills you! Last night I went to bed around 1130 (should have gone earlier) with a headache, took about an hour to get to sleep, was woken up to Lotti crying at 230 and let her cry for an hour (thinking she would give it up). When I finally went in I realized she was poopy...well no wonder she was wailing! So I changed her and brought her in my bed. She pulled a Brayden and didn't want to sleep at all! 20 min later she went back to her own bed. Wailed some more, we're talking half hour! Picked her up and rocked her to sleep for 40 min. Meanwhile Tay woke up screaming (probably her usual night terror) calling out for Daddy. So Sean (post call and out of it) wandered into her room and calmed her down since I had baby #1. Lotti finally went back to bed and I sent Sean back to bed. That all took about an hour when I looked at the clock in bed!

This morning I was woken up to Lotti crying again (who knows for how long) and saw Brayden walk down the hallway into her room and get in the crib with her, calming her down for a bit. When I finally slithered out of bed this morning I went to check on her and she had fallen back asleep with the light on...she was pooped I'm sure!

Well, let's hope tonight brings her sweet dreams because that did me in for the day. Now it's up to me to drag myself around today and look somewhat happy! It's raining today so no bike rides, but I"m anxious to get out on my bike. I bought a baby seat that I installed on the back of my bike and filled the tires up with air so it's ready for me and Lotti. Here's to some shiny rays for the weekend!

L

3 comments:

Becca said...

you are a brave solider, I don't know how you mommies handle the sleep deprivation and still look so cute!

Jeni said...

Oh my gosh. B is so sweet. Those are totally the worst nights.

Julie said...

That made me tired just reading it! I hate nights like that! Hope you've gotten more sleep since then! And B is so cute going in to help calm cute little Lotti down. What a sweet boy!!!!