Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Oh man...

Well the Haslam household has been hit with some sort of sick! On Saturday Taylor puked a couple of times and has had nothing since (thank goodness), Brayden had a fever and fatigue on Saturday and Sunday and a little yesterday but today seems to be okay. On Sunday night I started to get a scratchy throat and couldn't seem to get the frog out...yesterday it progressed into a chest cough and brutal headache and last night I woke up at 2am with troubles breathing. I have never experienced that before and had a minor anxiety attack! I was envisioning myself having to go to the ER and get intubated and everything happening very quickly without me having any control! Anyway, luckily I got back to sleep and was able to breath for the rest of the night. Nothing like the feeling of your airway puffing up though! So this morning has been cream of wheat and lemon tea and a major headache. On top of everything else, I started potty training Taylor yesterday! I had put this date down on my calendar for some time and just had to start because I was turning into something I didn't want to be having to change pull ups 3-4 times a day on a little girl that isn't so little anymore! So we've had a couple accidents (poop of course) yesterday and nothing yet today, and last night she stayed dry all night and woke up yelling "pee pee mommy"! That is a good sign I guess right? I prayed HARD for her last night and for ME so I'm counting on the grace of God to get me through today!

Sean is actually home today as he's taking a lieu day from work to take the pool down and winterize the backyard. Next week he has one more day off to clean out the garage so his car can park in it this winter. Lots to do around here!

Weight watchers is going awesome and I'm very proud of myself...last week I lost 5lb and have already lost more in the last couple of days so I'm glad we're going down instead of up! My goal is looking more and more realistic. Can you believe I haven't touched one morsel of Halloween candy? It's not even tempting which is exactly what I wanted. I have to be able to have these things in my house and not be tempted. Not that I'm not getting my chocolate fixes thanks to weight watchers 1 point chocolates and mini cakes but it fills the void!

L

1 comment:

burtons*north said...

libby, you have it, that is what we have had all week. i woke up the EXACT SAME WAY, couldn't breath...

AND oddly enough, i joined WW online 2 weeks ago and am down 7.

are we living a parallel life?