Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Umbrella struggles

Wow what has happened to me lately? It's been exactly a week since I posted last! I need to keep up better than that!

So when Brayden woke up this morning I asked him to get dressed and surprise surprise...he came downstairs with shorts on! This boy thinks he can wear shorts year round...I guess I don't blame him...they're totally comfortable and I would probably wear them too! Regardless...when I asked him to change into pants for school (it's chilly outside) he broke down and said he didn't want to go to school. We argued for a moment about it and was toying with the idea of letting him stay home...he was SO sad and it's just Kindergarten right? Well after breakfast it was like 5 min before the bus was coming and Drew says "Brayden are you coming to school today? or staying home and watching tv?" Um...no? So I said "if you stay home there is no TV, but if you go to school you can probably watch some when you get home today"...he went to school!

At the door it was raining so they wanted to bring their umbrellas...I had Brayden do a trial inside the house first to see if he could collapse the umbrella by himself, otherwise he couldn't bring it because at the bus he'd have to put it away in his backpack. He tried numerous times but couldn't collapse it and started to cry again. I told Drew to help him at the bus if he needed it. So I'm watching them outside and as the bus rounds the corner Brayden quickly collapses his umbrella in a matter of seconds and Drew struggles. It was PANIC at the bus door! Luckily there was a mom standing out there that helped him. I knew Brayden would be bursting with pride that he could do it and Drew couldn't! Sure enough when he sat down in his seat and looked out the window he was smiling from ear to ear...and it wasn't because he was on his way to school...he had done something that Drew couldn't! Taylor and I waved when the bus drove by and Taylor said "Brayden's happy!"

Well thanksgiving is coming up this weekend and I have to say that I'm not in the least bit excited to make food. I've just been so busy lately and tired it has to be the last thing on my mind! I wish Sean made thanksgiving dinner for once and I could just kick back and enjoy eating it! Oh how I miss my mom's thanksgiving dinners:( I need motivation people!

Check out these cute videos!

4 comments:

Lynne said...

Caty-Lynne and Lizzy like these videos!!

Jeni said...

hahahaha i love B laughing in the background!

Julie said...

That is too cute! Good luck with your Thanksgiving dinner. It is rather exhausting isn't it? I'm sure it will be delish though!

Gina said...

I've missed your blog. I fell out of the blog-o-sphere for a bit. Yours always makes me smile. :) Those videos are adorable.