"Does this never end? I feel like I'm constantly cleaning and tidying things up in my house and I can never get on top of it! If I do, the next day it's back to where we started! AH!"
I guess that is my job right now in life...maybe as my kids get older it will start to calm down a bit...maybe it's because I have too many toys and therefore have too many things to pick up?
I'm just feeling in a total rut right now. My fridge and pantry needs to be cleaned out and my freezers so I can start using the food I already have instead of eating out! I'm just not in the cooking mood lately what can I say! AH...stress is rising as I type!
Yesterday I woke up super late and knew I wouldn't make sacrament meeting. I was teaching primary in the 2nd hour so I rushed to get there on time so that my President wouldn't be freaking out that I wasn't there! We were rushing out the door and Drew couldn't find his church shoes (pet peeve) so he had to where his runners with his black suit...ya...not my favourite thing! I made sure he knew that this wasn't going to be a usual thing and that he better find his shoes when we got home! Yet another thing I have to tidy up (front shoe closet)! I had to find Sean in his office and make sure he hadn't invited anybody over for dinner (as he usually does) because I just couldn't handle it yesterday! We ended up having a quiet afternoon and evening...Sean came home but fell asleep and that was the last I saw from him until 1130pm right when I was going to bed.
Drew seems to be doing really well in school right now. This year he was separated from his best friend and it is working wonders for him! Last year they would always get in trouble for talking and goofing off but he doesn't have anybody in his class to do that with this year and he has already made his own goal of not being sent to the office ALL year! I am so proud of him...as much as I don't understand some of the things he does at home...he seems to be maturing a bit at school.
Brayden loves his SK/Grd1 class and his teacher tells us he is doing great! When we went to meet his teacher the other night and see some of his school work I was shocked to find him writing his own 3 letter words from just looking at pictures and they were almost all correct! He is reading a little bit and I'm sure if we work with him on that over the next few months he will be reading! Brayden has kind of gotten left behind I feel like because we were always so focused on Drew and all his "firsts"that we forgot to work with Brayden on his! That is my goal this year to focus a little more on B.
Taylor is her sassy self and still in pull ups. Sadly I can't brag that she has conquered that yet. I feel like I would like to have her trained by December when we go on a little trip so we'll see. This morning she woke up and told me she had to pee and then continued to do it on the toilet. It's not that she doesn't know what to do...she does...she's just a stubborn pooper! I'm not quite ready to deal with that again...maybe I'll give it another week!
Charlotte is adorable beyond words! Seriously I want to just wake her up so that I can play with her and see her smile! She is rolling from back to front whenever I give her floor time and sucking away on her fingers whenever she gets the chance. Yesterday she was so funny...I had her watching me make some lunch and whenever I would walk away to the microwave or something where I wasn't looking at her face she would cry a little. As soon as I turned around and came back her face broke out in a huge smile! I LOVE breast feeding her...that might sound weird but with my boys I didn't really connect with them and only fed them for 3-4 months. Taylor I loved feeding but ended up going to Hawaii when she was 3 1/2 months and weaned her so I could go. Charlotte though? I have such a connection with her I don't know when I'll stop. Now don't worry, I'm not going to get carried away here...but I'm thinking I'll make it close to the 9 month mark. We shall see!
Well my work is done this morning and Char is still sleeping so I better get started on the clean up!
L
2 comments:
There is always something to do...Always something to fold, put away, clean, tidy, mop, make....it's it the time of life we are in right now. Don't let it stress you! You can do it and it will all get done. Remember there is always tomorrow!!
K...first of all Taylor's hair is so freaking cute! Hahahahaha! Maybe she should be Annie for Halloween! Second of all, Heather met a lady the other day who was still nursing her 2 year old. Talk about carried away! Third...I totally feel you on the rut thing. I'm supposed to be cleaning my house right now and I'm looking at blogs instead!
Post a Comment