Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Love that little fool!

Look at this girls tongue! I can't get enough...she is 12 weeks old and I feel like she is already teething...she is constantly sucking on her hand and eating her fingers...my other kids didn't get teeth until close to 1 years old so I'm curious to see how Charlotte does!

I love these beautiful brown eyes...isn't she so kissable??
Well I've been MIA for a few days here...I feel like it's been crazy around here. With 4 kids, a messy house, laundry, meals, sleep, computer work I hardly have time to sit down and type, let alone think about what's going on in my life! Last night I stayed up WAY too late and I'm really paying for it this morning. For some reason my kids ALL decided to wake up early and be loud so I turned into grumpy mummy constantly shhhh-ing them so they won't wake up Charlotte. I haven't functioned on this little sleep since Charlotte was born so my body is not treating me well, and neither is my brain!

Today I'm just getting my house and stuff together to get ready for Jeni! I have to go pick her up down in Syracuse tonight because her and Stephen are coming for a week! We keep saying it'll be bittersweet to not have Natalie here to play with Taylor...oh well...there wouldn't have been room enough in the car for all of us anyway. Not much is planned yet but I'm sure we'll find a way to have some fun. I haven't been to the mall in ages because I refuse to take all my kids there just to look around...so that's one thing I want to do...exciting I know!

So Jeni asked me the other day is Taylor still screams? I had initially told her "no" but I would like to recall that statement. As of this morning I have probably grabbed her 3 times already to firmly but calmly (ya right) tell her not to scream at her brothers and to use her inside voice. She has this one tone that just grabs at your nerves and makes you want to yell back ! She has some major toning down to learn before school starts for her or she's in for a wake up call when you can't scream to get your way!

So Brayden had a sad day on Monday. We were all waiting out for the bus. Taylor always comes outside and puts her backpack on and waits with them but of course knows she can't get on the bus. Well they were all standing over on the corner watching for the bus and when it started coming down the road Drew ran back to the line up and Brayden and Taylor didn't. So as I'm sitting on my porch Drew yells that Brayden won't let Taylor go! By now the Bus is at the stop and kids are getting on so I yell at Brayden to get over here and leave Taylor alone. He was trying to pull her away from the sidewalk I guess but once he realized that the bus was waiting for him he freaked out and started crying! Well a small part of me HOPED he would stop crying and get control before he boarded the bus but the other HUGE part of me knew I would be driving him! When Brayden gets upset about something there is usually a major meltdown and getting over his feelings getting hurt. Anyway...we're standing in front of the door to the bus and he can't get over the fact that Taylor was trying to get on the bus (which she wasn't) and by now he's embarrassed that he's crying and can't stop, so I wave the bus driver on...which did not sit well with B. Anyway...we went inside and sat down and talked him down to a calm state when he was ready for school. I kept saying "Brayden if we leave right now we'll beat the bus and you can get there before everybody else!" I couldn't understand why that didn't intrigue him? Anyway...after waking up the baby we all packed into the car and took off. When we got there the kids were all out in the school yard playing and he says "See Mom? They're all here!!!" I quickly realized that he thought the kids would notice him getting a ride with me instead of taking the bus and make a big deal about it! Brayden's always been one to be very sensitive and you better NEVER laugh at him or put him in the center of attention negatively or he gets immediately offended! So we sat there for a few minutes until he saw one of his friends and felt comfortable enough getting out and running over to him. He is SO tender hearted and my heart seriously aches for him sometimes...he truly teaches me how to love somebody with sensitivities.

Well I have to go make some lunches and get the boys off, clean my house, do my laundry (does this ever end?), get groceries and get milked! I love my life!

ps...check out my pictures from our Branch dinner and dance last weekend!

L
Posted by Picasa

2009_09_12

3 comments:

Lynne said...

those pics of Charlotte are about the cutest thing I've ever seen. Please kiss those cubby cheeks for me!

Alysha Sladek said...

she is darling!! how fun that jeni's coming out. you 2 will have a blast.

Wishing for the West Coast said...

Charlotte gets more beautiful every day - wow!