Well for years we have talked about having our own basketball hoop but never invested in it because there was always something else to buy that was needed around here. I splurged and made the purchase awhile ago from Costco and it arrived the other day. Well yesterday we spent the afternoon putting it together and even though our marriage was hanging on by a thin string throughout the process (note: always have the right tools that are needed before you start!) we finished it and were able to play some ball last night!
I was worried that the 8ft net would be too tall for the boys since that is the lowest it goes but it ended up being awesome and they can make baskets right, left and center! Earlier in the day Sean had tried to play some soccer outside in the backyard with them but they lost interest pretty fast and it was discouraging for him. Well I can safely say that we found THE sport that loses no interest! We played well into the night until the sun went down...we all even forgot that we hadn't had dinner so I made a quick pizza run!It's been a couple of years since I played ball and I have missed it SO much! Even though I don't have much room left in this stomach I was still throwing shots up from far away and it felt great...just a little tight! No worries though, I didn't pull any muscles...the only body parts that suffered were my swollen feet!
Here is Brayden's first run in with the game "bump". He was "bumped" out of the game right away and didn't take it too lightly! We are realizing that B is gonna be our baller so far...he was dribbling up a storm and counted 100 straight dribbles without losing control! I love it!
Hopefully we can pull ourselves away from the hoop long enough to finish putting our pool up! I'm trying to be very patient since the attention and time I do get from Sean is often very sleepy!
Well it's Sunday afternoon and I'm home from church, have a full stomach and Taylor just went to sleep...could it get any better? I think the boys and I are headed downstairs for a movie afternoon...maybe Daddy will surprise us with some free time away from the hospital at some point today...we can only hope!

5 comments:
HOW FUN!!! And I'm SO glad Brayden's nose isn't broken. What a relief.
Oh nice!! looks like fun and way to go B! I love him crying at bump. haha
i thought you were going to announce the "completion" of your family and say you had your baby! i guess it's a good thing you didn't though, cause your mom isn't there yet! the basketball looks fun! i can't wait till my kids are old enough to play like that!!
Fun fun fun! We're having a court put in our backyard...someday. Can't wait!!!! Poor B. So cute.
I nearly teared up looking at that photo of B crying over basketball. Such an honest emotion
Post a Comment