Thursday, May 28, 2009

Rain rain go away

Well it's been raining since yesterday and it's supposed to rain until Monday or Tuesday I think! It's refreshing when you go outside and smell the rain but it's a tad miserable to hang around the house all day and not be able to go outside and enjoy the sunshine. On a good note, our lawn really needs the moisture so that is a plus I guess!

Another good note...my swollen feet have gone down a bit...I thought they actually looked kind of normal this morning when I was looking at them on the couch. I'm sure it's normal to my standards only! My hands are retaining water too because in the morning when I try to cut up waffles or pancakes for my kids, my hands hurt! I couldn't even make a fist the other morning because it hurt so bad!

My last pregnancies also brought a pain just under my right rib cage from the baby pushing up against my ribs. Well it's back! I thought I might get past this pregnancy without feeling that but I feel it all day long and if you're around me you might notice me holding that part of the baby down, pushing it away from my rib cage when I sit down. Ah the joys of pregnancy! I have to hold on until my momma comes on the 16th so that she is here to help out when it's time. I feel like it's just going to start happening and I'll be so busy doing stuff around here that I will just equate it to more braxton hicks. I'm half hoping my water breaks so that I know what is happening and have time to make it to the hospital. Luckily for me it's only about a 10 min drive from my house so chances are I'll make it.

I feel very inadequate lately though when it comes to my kids. I never want to make dinner and once this week they fell asleep without dinner because I kept postponing it! What is wrong with me?

Soccer has started also, Brayden plays on Mondays and Drew on Tuesdays. I attended B's practice but couldn't make it to Drew's. He really tried my patience on Tuesday and by the end of the day I was so close to not even letting him go that I had to hold back and stay home to gather myself together for the night! Drew has this new thing where he is so full of energy he tends to ignore things I ask him to do. For instance, right after telling him not to use my furniture as a trampoline he'll take off and jump all over it! It carried over to school once this week and because of that his Nintendo DS is mine until Monday. Very sad for him but let's face it...it's the only thing I can really hang over his head! Isn't that sad? Anyway, we're working on listening skills and the importance of doing something the first time you're asked!

Taylor thinks she is the only princess on the planet! She will get away with everything from hitting Brayden, to pushing Drew. We try to discipline her as much as we can but she just doesn't get it. Maybe when there is another baby around here she'll have to start answering for her mishaps! She really is a sweety but has so much spunk in her it's hard to reign in sometimes!

It's the circus this weekend and we have free tickets for the kids but Sean is working on Saturday and it's either stay home or take them by myself. Hmm...this should be an easy answer but part of me wants to go through the torture of bringing them. Somebody stop me!

L

2 comments:

Jen, Ryan, Tiernan, Rowan and Caelan said...

Hey Libs,
It sounds like we are having a similar kind of week. T has the same listening problem and I have been trying to maintain my patience which has been REALLY hard. It's good to hear that other mothers feel the same way. You are a great mom. Your kids know that you love them. Give yourself a break, you are nine months pregnant. I miss you guys.
Love Jen

Emily said...

don't be too hard on yourself. i feel that way about every meal every day. it's the worst thing, trying to figure out what to make your kids that they'll actually eat. and one skipped meal is NO big deal! they obviously survived it! i hate disciplining, i feel like it serves no purpose because jacey always does what i always get after him about. but apparantly one day they'll get it???? who knows! good luck waiting for your mom to get there! hope it all works out! can't wait to see pictures!