Saturday, May 23, 2009

A long week!

So this week was Sean's week off and was it ever awesome!!! He is on call today and I just told him on the phone that this week just about wrecked me because with him gone all day today I just about died. I got so used to him being there to help me with anything and the kids!

Anyway, we decided to buy a pool for our backyard as the summer's here are so hot and humid so this is a picture of Sean starting to dig up the sod where we are installing it.
This is a picture of it tonight. He still has to level it so that we can lay down sand and then put it up (above ground pool). His goal is to get it up and finished before this baby comes so that sounds good to me! I've learned extreme patience my last (almost) 9 years of marriage so I don't demand things be done the day of anymore. I can wait right?



This picture was hilarious! Taylor went out to swim in our little pool the other day and I forgot to put a swimmy on her so she wore her regular pull up. When she came to the deck for lunch she was quite "bootylicious"!!!



This is gross but it's what we found when I went to remove the swimsuit...the inside of the diaper had completely blown up and tried to absorb the water like crazy! I guess these pull ups really work eh?
So to continue on my day today...it was a busy one and around 500 my kids were asking me for dinner "I'm hungry!" and of course there is hardly any food in the house. I have to say that one of my least favourite things to do in my life is grocery shop! Once I'm home and they're all put away in my cupboards it's great and yummy...but the actual task of deciding what to get, putting it in the cart, taking it out of the cart, putting it back in the cart in bags, taking it out of the cart to put in my car, then out of my car to my kitchen and unload!!!!! AH...I'm seriously developing a headache just talking about this. Anyway, it couldn't be helped tonight so I dragged my water logging feet out of the house with my kids and did it. We have a little grocery store around the corner from our house so at least I don't have to go too far...but it doesn't change the way my kids always act at the grocery store. I have to give props to Drew, he was amazing and pushed my cart the whole time for me. He was happy to have a job and knew if he was good he could pick anything off the shelf for himself. Brayden was busy throwing little bouncy balls around and losing them underneath the aisles and Taylor did her usual screaming, taking off shoes and running away and getting in and out of the cart. I'm WAY too tired to chase her so it was just peachy!
Anyway...I made it in one piece and managed not to raise my voice once...my eyebrows were crawling off my face though!
This is a picture of what my feet have been looking like for the past 3 days. People...this is a sight for sore eyes I know...but it must be documented!
If you don't believe how bad it is...I made an indentation and took a picture a few moments after...it hadn't gone back to it's normal puffiness yet...Oh how I can't wait for my skinny feet again!So I made the kids dinner since they were starving and managed to make myself something which I finally got a chance to sit down and eat...only to realize Taylor was finished and falling asleep on the couch with a alphagetti stained tummy and face. So I left my first bite and took her upstairs for a quick shower and bed!

Now it's about 2 hours later and I just finished putting her back to sleep from her little cry fest she just had. What is it about kids that miss their naps and go to bed early? Do they not all wake up like an hour after you put them to bed in a total fit? My kids totally do that and I don't get it. After tickling her to death and having her still break down and cry I totally woke her up from her slumbers to read her 2 stories. When I was done the only way to get her to stop crying was to tickle her. She's totally falling asleep but notices when my hand leaves her tummy for the slightest second to itch my face. Finally I just said "I'll be right back..." since I had to carry the two sleeping boys upstairs to their beds. She was sad, but by the time I was done with them she fell asleep...I haven't heard her wake up yet so I think I'm in the clear for the night!

It's time to put my feet up and sit down finally today! I desperately hope I can make it these last few weeks!

L


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Heather said...

You'll love having that pool! How fun. I have to say those pullups and diapers are super absorbent. I once washed one by accident and that nastly gel stuff was all over the inside of the washer and took me forever to clean up!

saltysista said...

You have such a big backyard. I love it. Taylor cracks me up. I love her expressions.
Your poor feet!!

Marilee said...

Oh Lib...your poor feet!!! My feet aren't there yet, but I'm afraid my nose is well on its way to be puffy!!! I wake up and my fingers feel like they may burst. You only have 5+ weeks and I only have 8. We CAN make it!!! PS- I HATE grocery shopping too!!!!

tlr said...

oh your feet, that sucks! Not too much longer! At least you will have a pool too cool off in during those hot days! Enjoy!

Julie said...

I'm so sorry about your feet. That just looks like it hurts! You'll totally make it these last few weeks. Just hang in there. At least its not too hot yet!!!!

Emily said...

haha, i love taylor's booty! that's hilarious! how FUN that you're getting a pool! that'll be wicked! you're brave to go grocery shopping alone with all your kids, i usually wait till Jeffrey can come with. i hate it too! your feet look so familiar to me, i feel your pain! i love when the ankles make their appearance again, i can't stop staring! i honestly feel like could be a foot model when it happens. :)

Lara said...

Wow I got tired just reading that. I've had those feet but never again. I have the best cook book for you. It's called Dinner Survival by Sandi Richard. It's 10 weeks of meals with really detailed shopping lists for every week. It totally takes the thinking out of it and the food is really good. Even my kids like it.