Well today was definitely a day of rest for me once church was over! Two of my kids were off to a friend's house which left me and Tay to fend for ourselves...in other words find our warm soft beds and collapse! I really never take naps, I'm not sure why but I equate it to the fact that I can't slow myself down and I usually wake up with a headache if I nap midday. Luckily for me I only took a little snooze and was able to wake up without a headache but feeling a little bit better.
I used to rush rush rush on Sunday mornings so I wouldn't be late for church but lately I have given up on that. 1100 church is divine in my opinion because it gives me time to have a lazy breakfast, clean up my kitchen and work on primary stuff that I have left for the last minute! Also plenty of time to get my kids ready (aka do Taylor's hair)! Lately however my kids have decided to totally waste my time and in turn I'm late every Sunday...do I care? No...not at all! There is no point in rushing and getting sweaty and sore and worn out just so I can guarantee 15 more minutes to keep my kids quiet in their pew! I'm actually really enjoying the 30 min sacrament meeting! I know this is a totally bad habit but when I'm practically 9 months prego I really have other things on my mind.
Currently it's my hubby who I haven't seen for 36 hours...actually I've seen him but I think the extent to which I've talked to him has been "Hi honey...bye honey"...twice today? He went to work yesterday morning at 730am, came home from work at 800am this morning, got dressed for church and left promptly for meetings. Then he came home from church at 400pm, changed for a football game he had to be team doctor for (where he is still currently) and I'm now waiting for him to come home and change AGAIN for a fireside that starts in 15 min, afterwhich he has to go home teaching since today is the 31st! I know he's dying right now from lack of sleep and I miss him being around! I have to get used to it because he loaded all his call days for the first 2 weeks of June so that he wouldn't have any call the last 2 weeks when this baby is supposed to come knockin! So he's on call every other night for the next 2 weeks...I can't WAIT for my mom to get here!!!
Ok enough venting for now...I'll let it bottle back up for another time!
This people is my new best friend!!! I think I've made pancakes for dinner like 3 nights this week! What kid doesn't like a quick pancake? It's solved many a late dinner night when I've either forgotten or just put it off because of fatigue! Tonight was one of those night when at 600pm Taylor came sulking into the study saying "Mommy? I'm hungry"...oh ya...dinner! I saw it at Costco last week and had to try it...I think I'll go and stock up now! If your Costco has it invest...best idea ever!

Sean just drove up...better get off the computer if I want to say "Hi Honey...bye honey" for the third time today!
L
4 comments:
who knew pancakes in a can would be good? i'll have to give them a try, i do love a quick meal! your nap sounds heavenly! i used to nap all the time because LUCKILY my kids napped during the same time block everyday...but now jacey has quiet time and i have to be up for it. :( hopefully you get to see sean soon!! how sad to be apart for so long!
I will have to try that pancake stuff. I make pancakes all the time and this week it'll probably be more cause TJ's going out of town! Sorry about your MIA hubby. That sucks!!!! But hang in there. That cute little baby will be here before you know it!!!
Thanks for posting a picture of the cakes. It will make it easier to find when we make our trip to my favorite store on earth :)Our WW cakes were fab on Sunday!
mmm, those cakes look cool!!! I dont think our costco has them... the us food and drug admin wont allow them in the states cause they are too high in yummy...
Post a Comment