Ok, so I have an issue and I don't know what to do about it.
At the back of my yard the ground dips down, creating a space between the ground and the fence with our neighboring backyard. Every spring when it gets warm enough to be outside, a familiar face pops his head through the fence and invites himself over to come and play. I guess I don't mind if this little boy comes over, my kids definitely don't complain but for some reason it bugs me. It really started to irritate me today when it happened and my boys had invited a couple of friends over after church, so they already had guests and this boy inserts himself into the play date. The next best part came when I couldn't find Brayden for lunch and Drew told me he was in "so and so's" backyard...what the? That's the last thing I want...sending my kids out to the yard to play safe within a fence when really they can escape to another yard altogether!
I can't really put up a block in the fence because I feel like that screams "snob!" and probably wouldn't go over too well with the mom since sometimes it's nice to chat with her...so what to do? Last year she had a little dog that would come over and poop in my backyard and I guess that would have been the time to do it, but now the dog is gone so I don't really have a gross excuse like that!
I don't know...should this annoy me? Would it annoy anybody else? Maybe I'm totally being snobby about it...what do you think?
7 comments:
I don't think it matters if you think you are being snobby or not. If it annoys you then it anooys you...no need to justify it. Just make something up like a wild cat gets in at night and makes a lot of noise so you have to block it? No? Hmmm..
too funny, we had a kid a few doors down who ALWAYS comes over and I don't usually mind...until one day I was watching 3 other little boys with my 4 so 7 kids and he came over to play too...And just walked into the house....But somedays you just want your house and kids to yourself and not have to worry about another...Good luck, let me know what you do!
ok just say it isn't safe with taylor being so small and having another baby on the way you dont want a kid to sneak off and you not know about it. I think it is totally legit. YOu dont have to tell her it is cause her kids bugs.
Lib, that would TOTALLY bug me so I think you are totally justified in your feelings! I totally agree with Jeni. Blame it on Taylor and you're worried she would get out without you knowing it. Once the baby gets here, Taylor will be in the yard, possibly without you cause you'll be tending to the baby and for piece of mind you need to secure the yard! OR, you could always get a puppy and no explanation would be necessary! :-)
not snobby at all, your excuse is safety for your kids. you can't leave a way for them to escape! i would for sure do it.
Ditto everything everyone else said.
Ha ha! So funny. When I read your stories, they make me think of Jeni. You guys are so fun. I agree with Jeni, too. Having a baby gets you out of anything! So convenient.
Post a Comment