![]() |
| 2009_04_15 |
Click on the picture for more!
Today was gorgeous outside...+20 degrees. When we got home from picking the kids up from school we sat outside for a couple of hours and rode bikes, ate freezies and I read my book! It was fabulous! My freckles are showing their shy faces now and I love it!
I've been trying to figure out what to do with the new nursery and finally decided that she would have all of the old stuff that Taylor has been using and I would get new stuff for Tay's room. I found some new drapes and a few wall hangings yesterday and put everything together today. They look really cute now...Tay's room needs a few more fix ups but for now it's cute and she loves to be in there. Today when I was putting the nursery together I realized that I hadn't heard from her in awhile so I peeked inside her room and found her fast asleep in her bed. She had crawled in all by herself and passed out! I'm so impressed with her and the whole bed change...I expected her to be out of bed every night and have a hard time with it but she was the complete opposite. She is exactly how she was before...I put her to bed at night or for her nap and she just lays there and goes to sleep...no messing around! I've been lucky that way with my kids...they never really went through the 'trying to get out of bed' phase.
A cute story about Brayden today...
Yesterday I decided to take the kids to the park in the evening after Tay woke up from her nap. I told them to get pants on (they were wearing shorts) and a sweatshirt because it was a little chilly. Brayden came downstairs with his nice church khaki suit coat on over his play clothes...um no B! I told him to put on a sweatshirt and he started to cry and got REALLY upset! I was actually surprised that it affected him THAT much! Anyway...he finally got a sweatshirt on and came downstairs crying something out to me. I told him to stop crying so I could hear what he was saying..."I just want to look cool!" He thought this coat was THE THING to wear and wanted to look cool! So cute...but not cute enough to wear to the park to get dirty!
Anyway...this morning when he came downstairs ready to go to school guess what he was wearing? The coat! He looked really cute though, jeans, collared shirt and the jacket over top. He said he wanted a Mohawk so we went upstairs and did his hair. When we got to school Drew accidentally touched his hair getting out of the car and he yelled "Drew! Don't wreck my hair!" I have to mention that I had him wear his blue rain coat over top in case it was chilly today at recess. Anyway, I lingered in the car watching them walk up to the school and place their backpacks at the door before they ran off to find their friends. Before B ran off though he promptly took his blue coat off so he could just be in his snazzy khaki coat! So cute...I love that kid! He looked like a little man going off to Kindergarten and was so proud of himself! I wonder if he'll be wearing it tomorrow?
On a side note, I recently cleaned out my closets on the main floor and found this coat so I took it upstairs and hung it up in his closet. This is how he discovered it!
Well I better get off the computer and go spend some time with my drowsy post call husband who is actually awake for once!
L

3 comments:
That is a great story about Brayden, I didn't realize kids cared that young!! Your girls rooms looks great! I'm so jealous that your kids are good at going to bed...how the heck can I get to be so lucky???
ahhhh the rooms looks darling. I LOVE the nursery. it totally is cute lib! And I really like the brown!
and B, I can just see and hear him crying when he cant wear his stylin coat. what a cutie!
You are amazing. Tay's room is beautiful. She must love it. The nursery is awesome too. It seems like yesterday you were pregnant with Tay!
Post a Comment