Sunday, April 05, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME

2009_04_05
Well my birthday has come and gone and I'm feeling just a tad older and very blessed! I feel like it's been a birthday weekend as every morning since my birthday the boys have woken up and told me happy birthday and continue to help me out around the house because it's my birthday! I'm not complaining!

Friday Sean and I went out for dinner and a movie. The dinner was great, we tried a new place down at the Radisson Hotel downtown that looked over the lake...the movie on the other hand was not my top pick! To start it off all 5 of the previews were nothing short of horror flicks. We both looked at eachother when the movie started and said "Is this telling us something about what kind of movie this is?"
Neither of us like horrors AT ALL so we were skeptical. It turned out to be more of a scary Sci-Fi which didn't really interest me either, but one of those movies that you want to leave but can't because you still want to find out how it ends? There were many moments with my hands over my eyes so I didn't get weird images stuck in my brain though...and what's with scary music in movies? I swear, if they were mute it would be so much easier to watch! I remember back when I watched "The Haunting" with Jack Nicholson having to press mute and fast forward just to get through it!
Anyway, the movie was called "Knowing" if anybody is interested and needs to find out if it's worth going to...IT'S NOT!

Saturday the boys had gymnastics in the morning. They are starting new classes for the next 12 weeks and Drew is especially excited because he's graduated to the ALL boys class ages 6-12. Instead of kiddie stuff they start doing high bar, vault, lots of hand stands and the rings. He was really pumped to do it and is good at it too! He was swinging on the high bar like nobody's business! Anyway, he had this kid in his class that wouldn't stop bugging him and anybody who knows Drew well knows that he HATES annoying people. Brayden woke that bug in him when he started to be pesty a few weeks ago and now we're working with Drew on patience and long suffering! During the 1 1/2 class he would give this kid the eye, put up his fists at him, pinch him in the back to get rid of him and soon it turned into kicking and almost shoving. I was torn watching him because I wanted to kick that kid across the gym...who likes annoying people...you need your personal space! On the other hand I wanted Drew to be perfect and ignore him the entire time, which now when I think about it would be really hard for him...and it was. We'll see how the next couple of weeks goes and I might have to talk to the coach. He sat on the side numerous times so I know they are aware of it but we'll have to see what they do about it!

Today we watched Conference amidst our screaming and crying kids and I was SO glad nobody had come over to watch with us! I think it's kind of hard to be reverent and receive feelings of the spirit when Mom is shouting "Be quiet it's prayer time!" or "Quit hitting your brother and listen to the prophet!" It calmed down in the afternoon for the second session and the boys actually watched a bit, keeping their ears peeled for certain words like 'temple', 'Jesus', or 'spirit'. That seemed to help them pay attention.

Our friends came over for lunch in between...Sean made me a birthday lunch and it was delicious! All grilled things, steaks, grilled potato salad, grilled veggies, and jello, made courtesy of Brayden. One of my pictures shows Tay and Brayden at the kitchen sink washing potatoes before they boiled...they were so cute to help out! Thanks Sean...dinner was a hit! My cake was one of my favourites...St. Laurant cake...if any of you have had it before it's to die for! It's a pastery cake so the top layer is pastry and custard and then a moist vanilla cake on the bottom. Very rick and divine! Once again my favourite bakery has delivered!

Now it's quiet time, the boys are in bed, Taylor is cuddling with Dad on the couch for her nightly ritual of tv time with him, and I'm blogging finally! Thanks for the flowers Mom and Dad, they were beautiful as you can see in the pics (remember to click on the pic to see more above).

L

7 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Birthday!! I had forgotten that your birthday was around the due date of Jaclyn! That cake DOES look divine! We've had lots of birthday celebrations this weekend too! Sounds like your family was pretty good to you!! You probably deserve it! :D

saltysista said...

Happy Birthday! I'm sorry...I am so bad about remembering birthdays. We love you!

Nadine said...

Happy Birthday. Sent you a shout out on my blog! Hope you had a fabulous day. Wanted to get a message to you sooner but had no internet til this evening. Hope you had a fab day! you deserve it!

Jeni said...

i wanted to eat that cake through the screen. and i love dewys missing tooth - cute!

Alysha Sladek said...

Happy belated Birthday! that cake looks delicious. conference is hard to enjoy with the kids. i completely understand that one.

Heinzlmeir Haven said...

Hey Libby! I love checking out your blog and seeing your fam! Can't wait to see your newest little one!

Rachel told me that you make a book out of your blog and I'd love to do the same...can you tell me how?
kdheinz@telus.net

Thanks!
Kelly

Julie said...

We saw Knowing in Vegas. It is 2 hours of my life I wish I had back! Totally SUCKED!!!!! Happy Birthday though. I'm glad you had a good one!