Tuesday, April 14, 2009

2009_04_12

Well Easter came and went and I have already thrown away a ton of chocolate when my kids aren't looking! I made the mistake of leaving Taylor's chocolate dolphin in her room and so everytime she gets up from a nap or from the night she 'plays' in her room for a good 20 min before she bangs on her door to get out and when I open the door, without fail her face is covered in chocolate. Well I just threw it away so that won't be happening anymore! I let her have a little bit of fun though right?

Drew got a lego set from the "bunny" and put it together by the end of the day on Sunday. He LOVES lego and is great at it!

Today is one of my days. I have laundry going but I DON"T want to go upstairs and fold any of it. The family room is covered in toys and I'm too tired to even ask my kids to clean it up. They keep asking me for something to eat...did I mention that their lunch plates are full on the counter with food? Why do kids do this? Brayden just brought me a bag of marshmallows asking me if he could have some. I said "No, finish your quesadilla first". He followed that up with a whiny face and voice saying his tummy hurt and he wanted something else! Oh, my bad...I'm sure marshmallows will help with that! I'm tired of wasting food around here...unfortunatley my kids are eat on the go type of kids and that might be the problem...it's like they take a bite and go play and when they come back they forget that there was food there to start with, hence asking me for something to eat ALL day long! AH

Well I have to mention yesterday...it was a great day! Sean had the day off because the nurses took the day off so there weren't any OR's open and no clinics running! Woo hoo...long weekend for me! Well to my surprise instead of sleeping his day away, he played with us! I had made a list of things to do (as most of us mom's do on Dad's day off I'm sure!) and we accomplished most of the list, except for cleaning out cars. Sean and the kids went to the backyard and picked up all the winter trash that had accumulated over the last few months, and gathered broken and crap toys for the dump. Then they played a good hour of flag football together which was awesome! I love seeing Sean interact with them since he's not around much to do that. We had lunch and then Tay had a sleep while he took the boys to Canadian Tire for a few things. I got the front hall and back hall closets cleaned out from the winter and grub that had been shoved inside! Then for dinner our friends Craig and Jen invited us to Montanas for some grub since it was Craig's birthday! It was really fun to catch up with them since we haven't seen them for about a month. It ended with the kids zonked in bed and we got to watch our favourite hour of '24'. I hope more of those days come along soon because our garage is our next project!

Spring cleaning is the best feeling! I can't wait for my mom to come and visit so she can help me with my gardens! I spent all last year weeding every weekend instead of taking care of beautiful garden beds...this year WILL be different! I'll weed for a reason!

I think when Tay wakes up I'll venture out with the kids to Home Outfitters for a few house hold needs. Hopefully I'll find what I'm looking for!

L

2 comments:

Emily said...

jacey eats on the go too. if i want him to eat anything i usually end up chasing him around the house shoving thing in his mouth when i can! your day off with sean sounded heavenly!!! i love family days like that! i hope you get to have some more! i can't believe how busy sean is! you're amazing to go at it alone the way you do, it's very inspiring!!

Julie said...

Spring cleaning is great! I got a bunch of stuff cleaned out last week and am having a garage sale in about a month so more stuff will for sure be going! I'm glad you had a good family day with your hubby and kids!