Saturday, January 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Drew.....6!!!


Well I actually have some time to blog after this long day and I'm glad that I do because then I'll remember all of the details of the day!

Drew woke up SO excited to be 6 and I couldn't be more tired! I might have grumbled Happy Birthday to him and then told him I'd be downstairs in a bit to make him breakfast...2 hours later! Man, what is wrong with me? and my dreams...they are so vivid when I'm pregnant that I don't want to stop dreaming! What's with that? I actually just read today that it's because of your crazy hormones that you dream so vividly. Seriously people, when was the last time you remember dreaming something so specific? Anyway...back to the topic at hand!

So I finally made it downstairs and when the boys were in the basement I made him his favourite...scrambled eggs and cinnamon toast and sunny D to drink. I called them upstairs and as he's eating his eggs he says:

"Mom, these eggs are the best you've ever made! What did you put in them?"
"A secret ingredient...can you guess what it is?"
"Hmm...Sunny D?"
what? kids are hilarious!
"NO! It starts with CH and ends with EESE..."
"OH...cheese! ha ha ha"

I ran a few errands and got things ready for his party this afternoon and made it over by 3:30 to start! It was the best decision to have this party somewhere other than my house! I love having noise and messiness somewhere other than my kitchen so that I can come home to a quieter house and not so messy! Anyway...the gym was SO much fun. He had his friends come to the gymnastic gym that he goes to and they had gym time for an hour with 2 coaches. There were 9 little boys and Taylor! They were SO hyper though! You want them to have fun and not be too bossy but it got crazy! I've never seen Brayden so loud and hyper! I had to step in as coach #3 and make sure they were listening and not being rude. Taylor held her own and stayed right with everybody there. It was awesome to have that time for them to get their wiggles and yelling out before we headed upstairs for pizza.

They have a party room upstairs where we went after for an hour for pizza and cupcakes and ice cream. No presents this year though...he had everybody bring money to donate to "Children's Wish Foundation" if they felt inclined and I think he ended up getting money from almost everybody so he was excited about that. It was a tough concept to explain to him at first a few weeks ago and we let him decide and I'm so glad that he chose to donate instead of receive presents. We gave him a few when we got home tonight but I just hate seeing SO many toys...there is no true appreciation for them and I spoil my kids enough already I figure I have to draw the line somewhere right?

Well the pizza was delish as pizza usually is and the cupcakes SO good! I don't know why I buy cupcakes when I can make them and ice them just as good as the store?

I can't tell you how loud this party was though...on the way home I was telling Sean I can't wait for Taylor's 6th birthday with 10 little girls having a pedicure party and no yelling!

So now we're home, kids are in bed and I just finished my sharing time lesson for tomorrow. I like Saturday nights, around here they include total down time so it's nice and relaxing for me. I have bad heartburn right now from dinner but I'm too lazy to go upstairs and get my Tums. We gave Drew a new Lego set tonight so I told him tomorrow afternoon we could get started. He wanted to get started tonight but that idea was quickly shut down!

Well I'm off to bed so hopefully tomorrow I'm not so grumpy in the morning and I can get up at the same time as my babies!

7 comments:

Lynne said...

Looks like a good time was had by all!! Happy Birthday Drew!!

Jeni said...

fun!!!!!!!! happy birthday drewy, i love you!

Miller Time said...

Happy Birthday Drew! we tried to call on sat. but no one was home. the kids wanted to sing to him.

Krissy Marshall said...

Happy Birthday to Drew!! He must be a very special child to chose to donate money instead of receive presents. You've done a wonderful job raising a caring child!

US WEEKLY said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DREW!!! WE MISS AND LOVE YOU.. THE KIDS CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU IN A FEW MONTHS!!

Julie said...

okay...what a FABULOUS idea for NO PRESENTS! Especially for a kid who has a b-day right after Christmas. Natalie's b-day is Dec 28th and she just gets soooooooo much so I might copy that one! Also, when Taylor is old enough you won't have yelling boys but GIGGLY GIGGLY GIGGLY girls! And giggly girls are just as LOUD as hyper boys! Hmmmm, what else...I think that's it other then HAPPY BIRTHDAY DREW!

saltysista said...

Happy Birthday Drew!!! What a fun time and your cupcakes look yummy.