Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Messy "Basghetti" night

So yesterday I decided I had had enough of Christmas and took down ALL my decorations. It took me the entire day to take them down, box them up, re-organize my storage room to put them away, vacuum up the mess and re-decorate with the usual stuff that's out all year. I was EXHAUSTED to say the least. Luckily I was finally able to have a hot shower and a nice long foot rub with lotion from Sean after! Now I have to focus on my laundry today and I'll be back to normal!

Last night we had spaghetti night and it was fabulous! Drew HATES red sauce on his so he ate completely plain noodles with nothing since I am out of any type of cheese!
Taylor is so funny...she usually eats by herself because Sean isn't home and I'm usually in the kitchen eating on my feet while I do other things so she sits alone, or by the boys. Well last night Sean and I sat on either side of her for our spaghetti and she was so thrilled.

She immediately leaned onto Sean's shoulder and said "Kiss", so he had to indulge in the messy kiss and then laugh at what she left on his shoulder. She did it to me next and after said "Hug". Needless to say we were both a mess after and learned that Taylor LOVES company when she eats. She gets so excited and cuddles right up next to you...maybe I should get off my feet more and enjoy the food with her!


Jeni these are for you...the cookies that we never got around to making! I finally rolled them out last night and quickly decorated them and they are probably the best sugar cookies I've made yet! You know those ones that you can get in cookie bouquet's that are super soft and thick? Yep, those are mine!


The kids couldn't wait to eat them after Family Home Evening.
On a side note...why do kids get extra crazy during FHE? It's like clock work...every time we sit down to talk about something or play a game they turn into speed demons and crazy people! It drive me bonkers...I wonder if they actually learn anything from our lessons?


Tonight we're off to the Highland's house for dinner, a family in the other Branch and a fellow doctor that works with Sean in ICU. It should be fun and I'm sure my kids will be off the wall like they are at anybodies house! Hopefully Sean comes homes in time to take all our trash to the dump. It's ridiculous after Christmas how much you have!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so jealous that your decorations are down! I look forward to having mine put away as well! Your cookies look amazing!! You have no idea how badly I really want one right now! :)

Heather said...

I took all my stuff down yesterday too! I was so glad, but I couldn't stop there, I had to clean the entire house and then do all the laundry, I mean every last thing put away before I fell into bed at midnight. It was nice to wake up and have it all done. The only thing that would have made it better would have been to eat one of your cookies after it was all done!

Julie said...

I took my decorations down yesterday too! It was such a relief to get things back to normal! Nice cookies! Sugar cookies are so much work but so yummy and worth it when you're eating them. YUM! And, as usual, Taylor is ADORABLE with her messy face!