Friday, September 19, 2008

Off we go!


Well it's another tired morning for me. Taylor has been waking up at 230-ish every morning crying and crying and the only way to fix it is to lay her down in our bed. As soon as she hits the pillows she is asleep. Why? I don't know but I'm not complaining. She's kind of cute to watch sleep actually and she doesn't move around much so you don't notice her. The only down side is that she usually wakes up early in the morning when Sean is getting ready for work. Luckily I was able to fake sleep this morning so when she looked over at me she realized that it wasn't time to wake up yet and she turned around and fell back asleep!

Anyway, here I am...I need to write about the past couple of days with my family. Wednesday of course Grandad showed up unexpectedly and so Sean quickly called in and was able to get Wed and Thurs off of work so they went golfing of course that morning while Mom and I and Taylor went shopping downtown. We met up at 400 back at the house when the boys got home from school and were very surprised to see Grandad hiding under a blanket on the couch. Drew immediately says "I know who that is...I can tell by his feet...it's Grandad!". He really notices the details! Sean had to work Wed night so we ordered in some food from one of my favourite restaurants and had a good time.
Thursday we just bummed around in the morning and got ready to catch our lunch cruise downtown on the Island Queen! We've never cruised the Thousand Islands and so we thought it was a perfect time to bring our parents on one with us. It was about 16 degrees outside so a little chilly but when the sun was shining on the boat it felt great outside. I love being on the water and it was cool to show our Sailor Dad some new water to compare to his Vancouver sailing water. We saw one sail boat that looked like a pirate ship and a lot of smaller ones. Alot of the thousand islands are small and only big enough for one cottage to fit on them. Almost all of the islands are owned by people, some have been in the family for 100 years and so the cottages are very old, but very quaint looking. Wouldn't it be weird to live on your own little island? Talk about privacy! There were also some huge beautiful homes along the water that I took some pictures of. What is it about big homes that makes you gawk at them? You can't look away for some reason?
They served us some lunch on the ship which the kids mostly turned their noses up at so we got them the usual...hot dogs...you can't go wrong! Taylor was all over the place and did NOT want to sit at the table. We tried one last time putting her in my lap and she ended up kicking the table so hard it knocked over my huge glass of gingerale and completely soaked up my jeans all up the front and into the crotch! It is at times like this that we truly understand the meaning of self control and the importance of taking a big breath like I always tell my boys to do when they're upset!
After the trip was over we headed over to Confederation Park to let the kids run around the water fountain and enjoyed just observing people and eachother. I realized that my much loved camera sucks while I sat next to my dad as he took frame after frame of 1 second shots! He got Brayden running towards him and caught almost every second of it! On mine you take a picture and then have to wait about 5 seconds before you can even shoot again! This is the first time that I have coveted a camera...maybe Christmas will be kind to me:)
GDad left for Toronto at 630 and we headed over to the boys school for the open house to meet their teachers and see their classrooms. The teachers had great things to say about both boys and how they're doing in class. It was very evident talking with Brayden's teacher how different they are from eachother. Last year Drew would jump into class with so much enthusiasm every day and give her a big hug, whereas Brayden kind of saunters in and is much less jumpy. He is very obedient and plays pleasantly and is a happy little guy, just much quieter and layed back, both qualities that most teachers will love I'm sure! Drew was excited about the Monarch butterflies that have all emerged from their crisalis's and were in his classroom. We got to see his work book and how his writing skills are. It's exciting to see the place that your kids learn and grow, I'm hoping to be able to volunteer this year in both classrooms as last year it didn't really work out when I wanted it to.

I have to let you in on a little conversation that Drew had with Nana the other morning:

Drew: Nana, come upstairs and have breakfast with us
Nana: Ok, just let me get my robe on (as she rolls out of bed fully clothed in her nightgown)
Drew: Good idea Nana, because we don't want to see your privates!

4 comments:

Collie Dawgs said...

Ok, your kiddos are soooooooo CUTE! I can't get over it! Your family is just darling! I love all your blog postings! I went through and read a bunch of them! I misssssssss youuuuuuu! xoxox

Jeni said...

hahahah
that is sooo funny. nana and her nightgowns!!
Fun cruise though, taylors hair is being covented ahhh!! and I love hr hoodie. I love dads camera. it is sweet. I want it to and I even have a sweet camera myself.
Moms hair and your hair both are super cute!
LIB 10 MORE DAYS TILL YOu come here to dallas.

Julie said...

That is hilarious! Kids are the best. Sounds like you've been having fun. The Thousand Islands sound cool.

The RC Miller Clan said...

ahaha! That was a hilarious story! Your kids say the funniest things libby! Cute as!