This morning started out around 515 with Taylor crying and crying and wouldn't stop. I usually leave her in the bedroom and she sleeps it off but it wasn't happening so I finally went in and got her. As soon as she hits my bed she is out again and I secretly love it! Her little snuggle body is so cute and warm and she always smells good! Anyway...Sean got ready in the bathroom around 630 and when he opened the door to come and get dressed she sat right up and says "Da Da". That was the end of sleeping! Man I was tired! I watched some tv this morning to catch up on some of my shows and she just drug her heels around the house this morning to keep herself going. You could totally tell she was exhausted from waking up so early!
The boys started gymnastics this morning. I watched Drew climb some of the rope looking like a little monkey! I love seeing them get active! Taylor and I left them there and drove to my comfort store...Costco! I talked to my mom later today and she said this morning she was at her Costco too...looks like we had the similar costco need today subconsciously! I got some snacks for the baby shower that I'm putting on in a couple of days. After I picked the boys up from gymnastics we drove home and Taylor screamed bloody murder the whole trip home! When I say screamed bloody murder by the way I'm not exaggerating! I ended up yelling back at her because it almost made me drive off the road! What a stubborn one that girl! Divalicious!
I put together some Ikea storage units for my toys room downstairs and then took 30 min to watch tv while my fingers continued to blister up from using the dang screw driver for so long! Hopefully I can get that room organized tomorrow now!
I went out tonight with some girlfriends to a funny movie "House Bunny"! When I got home the boys were still up from watching Jumanji and the first thing Drew said to me when I walked in the door was "Mom, will you tickle me?". Every night when I put those boys to bed they have to have their back tickled. Well, it initially started with their back but now it's the complete body. Brayden especially likes the hips done and the head and neck! It's so cute, he'll point to the little areas if I've missed them. I used to hate doing that and regretted that I ever started to tickle them, but now I embrace it and love doing it because it gives me time to quietly talk to them about the next day and allows them to go to sleep with a pleasant feeling. I love those two so much, they just melt my heart day in and day out!
At Ikea the other day I bought two mosquito nets to put over their beds, kind of like their own little canopies. Tonight we talked about how they use those in Africa to keep the bugs out to prevent biting in their sleep and it turned to how we need to be grateful for the country where we live. We don't need to use nets every night when we go to sleep. We're safe and protected in our homes. That was followed by a long prayer thanking Heavenly Father for our blessings and warm home and country to live in. I often think that is something that is taken for granted and I wanted my children to know how lucky they were and at least make a point of talking about it so that they could appreciate their lives here.
5 comments:
I can just see bray pointing. where are the pics of the ikea stuff and the nets?
Oh Tay, Natalie used to be high maintanence and a drama queen... looks like someone else has taken the spot!
Hey libby, sounds good. I call but you never answer.
Dan
hay...what a sweet post! I loved those stories. You are such a good mom Lib!
Sorry about Taylor waking up so early! That always is sucky. Brady loves to be tickled too, but so do I so I can't say that I blame him. Please take a picture of your basement toy organization so I can copy k? I need some ideas!
I totally agree with learning about how other people live, and how lucky we are to have the things we do.
Post a Comment