![]() |
| July 2 |
After that we headed into SLC for Temple Square. The boys were excited to see the temple and Drew was upset that he couldn't go inside. I think it was closed for summer cleaning so nobody was going in anyway! We went to the Visitor's Center and they stood with the Christus and learned a bit about food storage and humanitarian aid that the church does. Then we went to the Tabernacle and just as we sat down a man came in and played a couple of pieces on the organ so it was cool to sit there and listen to some beautiful music. Brayden loved the big pipes of the organ. When I told him that there were even bigger ones in the Conference Center he kept asking to go see the pipes! A sister missionary got up at the front of the tabernacle and demonstrated for us te acoustics of the building without using a microphone. She dropped some pins so we could hear how loud it was and then as she was talking she turned around and it was amazing to hear that she sounded the same turned around as she did facing us! It must have been amazing to be able to go hear the prophets speak at that Tabernacle back when there were no microphones and everybody in the building could still hear everything!

We then headed to the Church Distribution Center and Sean the kids and I all bought new scriptures. Drew loves President Uchtdorf and bought a little picture of him to put in his scriptures. They also got new journals which they call "dream journals". I remember having a journal when I was his age and my mom would write as I dictated to her. Drew did the same last night with me and drew a little picture of what he did yesterday. Hopefully I can remember to do that with him more than once a year!
Of course we hit up Cafe Rio for dinner that night and were never happier!
Yesterday we headed in to SLC and enjoyed Jason's Deli for lunch and did a little bit of shopping before Sean had to go meet his friend at the golf course. I of course bought some new scents at Bath and Body Works and have a new favourite! Midnight Pomegranate...so yummy! We drove Sean to the golf course and the kids and I headed over to a place called "The Kid Barn", a big warehouse full of blow up bouncy houses and slides! They had a blast and I was sweating bullets since they only had 2 AC units, one on each end of the warehouse. If you got hot you basically had to stand in front of them to feel the cool air. Taylor was all over the place and wanted to do all the slides with the boys, hence forcing me to play with her! I realized yesterday how old my body is getting...wow! Isn't that totally lame? I had fun though and spent about 1 1/2 hours there.
I have to mention probably my favourite part of the vacation so far...my GPS unit! Sean gave me a GPS unit for Mother's Day and when we left we decided to take it with us to Salt Lake. Best decision ever!!! I never get lost around here. Yesterday after the bouncy house I wanted to have a sonic drink so I inputed "Sonic" and sure enough there was one down the road. Then it took me promptly back to the golf course Sean was at. I don't feel like a tourist at all! I was trying to imagine what we would have done without it...I guess we'd be asking for directions A LOT at gas stations! Anyway...one of our best buys to date!
On the way home yesterday we got Cafe Rio to go (that's right...two nights in a row!) and went back to Park City where Sean took the kids to mini golf. I had a killer headache last night and stayed in with Taylor to try and relax a little.
Well today we're off to check out some cool activities here in Park City and then off to one of Sean's friend's houses for dinner so I better go and get ready for the day! Don't forget to check out the pictures so far!

4 comments:
Sounds like an awesome trip! Ok I LOVE the curlers in Taylor's hair. That is so cute and I can't believe she just lets them stay in. If I put anything in Melia's hair she takes it out and tries to out it in mine. Cute pics!
haha tay look like she has some baby cleavage in some of those... haha! But really her dress is sooo cute and her HAIR IS DARLING! How did you end up doing it? I wish!! That is sooo fun you can do that!
Your hair looks really really cute too lib. LOVE IT! You are making me want to cut mine soooo bad!
oK WELL I am lonely and miss you guys and hope you are having fun! Looks like tons of fun! Love!
Hey there looks like you guys are having so much fun. We went to Cafe Rio in Arizona. That was our 1st time. Yummy. I could actually enjoy food and since its soft yummy. Thanks for your email about my thing going on. Ill have to get your Ph# and call ya about that. Keep on truckin on your trip. ;)
How did you get the aerial view of the conference center? What a fun memory for the kids to be there!
Post a Comment