Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's day

So we made it to Calgary and it was a long day. We left Kingston at 100pm and drove to Toronto and got there a couple of hours before the flight. I've decided it's so much nicer to be really early rather than almost late! People are nicer to you and there is time to chill and relax! Sean was able to come to the gate with us so that was awesome!
Once on the plane it was all good until the 'power trip flight attendant' decided that she knew more about my kids safety than myself! As we were inching our way away from the gate, and I mean SLOW...Taylor was standing on the seat beside me in between Brayden and myself looking at the people behind us when the FA comes up to me and says "Um Mam (rude voice) she needs to be sitting in your lap right now!"
"Right now? The plane is barely moving" (ME)
At this point she is looking at me with a total snarky face and says..."You do put your kids in carseats in your car don't you?"
"Wow...thanks" (ME)
She then walked away and left me fuming! So I proceeded to put Taylor in my lap and the screaming began...that kind of summed up my flight...the boys were fantastic with their little tv's (Air Canada rocks by the way with personal tv's and demand tv and movies all free!)

So now we're here, it's a lot colder than we're used to back in K-town and I don't think I brought warm enough clothes so hopefully it warms up!


Oh ya! I chopped my hair off! I LOVE it...my hair was annoying me and was hot and sweaty in the humidity so this was the only solution! I didn't tell anybody when I left and surprised my mom in the airport.
Here's Taylor before church yesterday...she fell asleep while I was getting ready to go...the time difference is definitely affecting my kids!
After waking up from her second nap yesterday...clearly not impressed to see the camera!
Here's Lizzy and G-Dad's Father's Day cake from Costco...WAY too big!This girl needs a doll
Opening his Wii from Nana!Sasha having a quick quiet moment away from the kids!

Today we're off to the Haslam's for Liam's birthday party!

10 comments:

Heather said...

Libby I love your HAIR!!! It is so hot on you!

tlr said...

gotta love other people!!
Love the hair! It look great. Have fun in Calgary, how long are you here for?

Alysha Sladek said...

you look HOT !!! I LOVE YOUR HAIR!! have fun in calgary.

saltysista said...

Your hair looks so good! Taylor looks so big! I can't wait to see her again which I hope is sooner than later!

Christy said...

I think you have inspired me to cut my hair. Love it! Wish we were in Calgary too. We miss it a ton!!

The RC Miller Clan said...

Only a few women can look so good with a short do like that and fortunately you my dear are one of them.

Nadine said...

Love your hair. Wish I could pull that off. Here your going shorter and Im going longer.Looks like yiu having fun at your mom and dads...

Julie said...

Your hair is so HOT! Very very cute. Its the Rihanna cut! Love it!

Heather Palmer said...

Libs, I'm seriously digging your hair! It's wicked!! I totally wish I was in Calgary right now...it would be so fun to see you!!! miss you...

saltysista said...

Hey Lib this is Dan, You look like a boy now! I like the picture of Sasha, its about time someone posted a pic of her. I am just kidding about your hair...But I am your bro so I can say that ha ha