Friday, May 02, 2008

Progress

This will be the wall the tv will be on so the entertainment wall...
Looking into the kids space for the toy room/corner...
My lovely tub...
Looking down the stairs
Me looking very tired this morning as I worked away...
Mom this one is for you...my handsome Brayden who I think is turning out to look just like his Daddy more and more each day...

My lovely Drew who can't keep a straight face in any picture...he had to make this silly gesture and face like he was growling at me with wings!
Looking down the stairs at the games corner, air hockey table maybe...
So just a look into the basement as it comes along! Dad will be happy to know that when the Drywaller came in today to measure up the walls and see exactly what he would need to buy he was skeptical at first as to whether or not some of the walls were even...but when I went and got the level he was pleasantly surprised to know that they were all even and perfect! Yay for GDad! Thank you again for helping us frame! Tomorrow the missionaries are coming over in the morning to help me clean up all the scraps and tv and table and drywall that is all over the floor so that it is clean for our electrician on Monday. Now we're looking at the basement being ready for me to paint by the last week of this month! WOo hoo!!! I really can't wait to get down there and get my hands dirty and start to make it pretty!
So today I realized that I need to sit with my kids more often and just be there, regardless of what I'm doing, watching tv, listening to them, talking to them, sleeping on the couch...just being there around them they LOVE! You might think this is silly of me to realize this now but as most of you know my job keeps me on the computer for a lot of my day and so a lot of the time when I'm not on the computer I'm getting other things done, making lunch/breakfast and never really stopping to just play with them. Well today I actually sat down on the couch while their movie was on to just be with them and it was like white on rice...they flocked to me so fast and wouldn't stop climbing all over me! Seriously...they were literally ALL over me, Taylor was up and down on the couch from my lap to the ottoman to the floor, back to my lap and the boys were jumping back and forth from me to the couch...all 3 just taking turns...I actually got a bruise on my knee from their sharp boney little knees all over me! It was really fun though and hilarious to watch even for myself! So I've come to the conclusion that they need more of me...just being there with them, even if I hate to slow down...which is hard for me to do! I never stop to smell the roses and I need to...so that is my plan...I will try to do that during my day and let the time be specifically for the kids and only for them. I know we all do what we can and do what works for us but I really appreciate those moments that open my eyes to a better way to be a mother and the importance of simple things. I love my kids SO much I can't even describe what it feels like...anyway, I had to write that experience down so that I won't forget...and hopefully it'll happen tomorrow and the next day!
Happy Birthday to Seany who is working tonight and all weekend in Belleville...we miss you and wish you were here with us serenading us on that new guitar of yours! Love you long time!;)

3 comments:

Jeni said...

I know how you feel, I mean mine is only 18 months and I only have one... but still, that is kinda what made me want to quit is feeling like I dont spend enough time with Nat. You are such a good momma though sis! and your basement looks good!

saltysista said...

You look so pretty in that pic! Did you cut your hair again? I think lately all I want to do is sit and let Melia climb all over me. I am too tired to stay busy! Cute pics of your boys who are getting so big!

The RC Miller Clan said...

Good job Stevo! He must've learned from the best! And by the way, you look really good tired!