So Saturday morning Sean and the kids drove me down to Syracuse to catch my plane at noon. I was there an hour early since I didn't have to go through customs. When I got to the ticket counter the girl was asking people to give up their seats because the flight had been over booked! I just thought this meant people giving up their seats for standby flyers...not so! The ticket that I bought back in January was being bumped even though I had a legit ticket! I'm sure people that had just bought tickets last week got on the flight only because they treated it as a first come first serve basis! Why they work that way is beyond me...nevertheless...she couldn't get me out of Syracuse to Texas until Monday afternoon! Sean took this week off to be at home with the boys so I wasn't about to lose any of those precious days away! Luckily Sean and the boys were with me (they let them come to the gate with me) and Sean suggested that I fly out of somewhere else. So finally I got a flight out of Ottawa yesterday which moved my trip back a day. We decided to extend it until Sunday so that I could have my full week here so I'm back to being happy now! What an ordeal though...to drive 2 hours to Syracuse, 2 hours back and then 2 hours to Ottawa the next day? It's a good thing my kids love to travel because otherwise that would be a nightmare!
So this is Tayor in the Detroit airport playing...I love airports that have places for kids to play...I don't understand why every airport doesn't have them! It gave me a little break from entertaining her which I have to do on the plane! The first flight was really good and she slept the whole way (1hour 20 min) and then from Detroit to Dallas we had 2 seats together in first class so there was ample room for her. She is a really good traveler so it was really just me dealing with my boredom the whole 3 hour flight!Here is a picture of her on the flight...clearly having a good time!
I got to Jeni's last night and Newbie was slaving away in the kitchen making double baked potatoes, corn on the cob and diet coke chicken! It was SOOOOOOOOO good and apparently it was my birthday dinner so thanks guys! Then Jeni had made some chocolate cupcakes which were not the best (still love you Nin) and this is us making the peanut butter icing to top them off! Wow that was SO good! We've decided this week will be a week to remember food wise...it's a little nuts actually so I won't go into it! Don't you love my florescent sweatshirt? Courtesy of Brian since I was so cold last night...not that it was really cold but I was.
Taylor and Natalie are having such a fun time playing together. Last night they played out in the backyard for a good 20 min and it was cold outside in the prickly grass. That didn't stop them knocking eachother over on the slide and walking around the deck! They went to bed without a peep and didn't wake up this morning until 930-1000! This will be a good week of sleep! Right now they are both in their cribs talking themselves to sleep, it sounds really cute!
Stay tuned for more pictures and fun stories to go along! Tonight we're off to the baseball game (my first one) so I'm excited! Thanks again to Seany for sending me on this trip...I LOVE YOU!!!

2 comments:
other than me looking HUGE in that picture... I love having you here! and I threw all the cupcakes away this last night, they were sick. that is why brian cooks.
What happened to your cupcakes?? Looks like you 2 are already having a blast. And Jenni you dont look big! You look awesome and so does Libby hun!
Post a Comment