Saturday, March 29, 2008

Primary party and the late night call

So today we had the primary quarterly activity at our house and it turned out to be really fun for the kids. Sean took off early in the morning to have some fun at the "Sugar Shack" making syrup all day (he didn't get home until 1000pm)! So I read a little story to the kids on the resurrection and why we celebrate Easter and then we planted some flowers in their own personal styrofoam cups. We did it as a metaphor to the Savior rising from the dead and they can watch their flower grow out of the soil. Anyway, then I brought out the snack which was mud, dirt and worms! (choco pudding, oreo cookie crumbs, gummy worms)
They all enjoyed it but we all thought Laura had a little too much fun!
Here is a pic of me, Maureen (Primary Pres) and Carma Prete (District Primary President) who came by for the party!
So tonight at about 10:30 I got a call from some friends inviting me to Lone Star for a cheering up get together. They needed some good girl talk and fatty food so I was in of course! Sean was home by then so I took off and just got back now! It was fun to chat and drink Daiquiris all night...I love being a girl! I don't think men do that...for women it's just natural and I love that!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

how many kids are in your primary? looks like they had fun. is that laura blumell? oh and your hair is super cute!

Emily S said...

I know, girls have so much more fun!!
I love getting together with my girlfriends, I never laugh like I do when I'm with them.
Props to you and hosting that primary party thinger...I don't know how I'd ever be able to keep tons of kids entertained haha

Jeni said...

i didn't know you cut bangs! "I GOT BANGS!!!!" haha
Anyway, looks like fun and sounds like a fun girls night out! you best be bringin some syrup when youcome, all this hype!!