Drew decided this morning that he wanted to learn to play the piano and I had just brought one of my boxes of piano boxes upstairs to start sorting through some easter music and found a beginners book. He picked it right up and doesn't want to stop! I told him that it's probably only good to learn a little at a time so that he doesn't get frustrated or overwhelmed but he doesn't want to stop...he went ahead and learned the half note without me!
Tuesday, March 04, 2008
The new journal and the pianist!
So last night for family home evening we talked about journal writing and the importance of keeping a journal. The idea came when this awesome book came in the mail. I took the entire year of 2006 and the blogging that I did and published a book for my records. I've decided that this is going to be the easiest way for me to keep a journal. The nice thing about it is that it's a journal and scrapbook all in one and anyone who knows me knows that I hate scrapbooking so this is great! We talked about how the scriptures are also a journal kept by men of old so that we could read about their lives and experiences now. I don't think the boys ever looked at the Book of Mormon that way before so it was neat to see a light go on in their heads realizing that it was the same as we're doing now. Not that my writings will be as uplifting as the scriptures are but there might beless fighting in mine! I just finished the next volume which is for the year 2007 and boy was that an exciting year. I can't wait to get that one in the mail in a couple of weeks. I did a completely different format to see which one I liked better. We'll see how it looks!


Drew decided this morning that he wanted to learn to play the piano and I had just brought one of my boxes of piano boxes upstairs to start sorting through some easter music and found a beginners book. He picked it right up and doesn't want to stop! I told him that it's probably only good to learn a little at a time so that he doesn't get frustrated or overwhelmed but he doesn't want to stop...he went ahead and learned the half note without me!
I've always thought that one day it would be fun to teach my kids piano and now that I'm doing it I was right! I love it and love to see him learning and LOVING to learn. Drew is like that though, a little sponge that just takes it all in and gets excited about it. Every day that he gest home from school he immediately wants to sit at the table and do his homework. I don't ever remember being like that, he must get it from his daddy!

Drew decided this morning that he wanted to learn to play the piano and I had just brought one of my boxes of piano boxes upstairs to start sorting through some easter music and found a beginners book. He picked it right up and doesn't want to stop! I told him that it's probably only good to learn a little at a time so that he doesn't get frustrated or overwhelmed but he doesn't want to stop...he went ahead and learned the half note without me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
that's so awesome that he's so interested in playing! and even better that you can teach him. that's so great! i'm dying to have a piano back in our home!!
DREW!!!!!!!! you are awesome! I cant believe it! I just always think of him as so little... he is growing up on me! good job! and the books look soo good~
That is great Drew!
Where did you get the book done?! Looks great Libby!
Drew, I'm so proud of you. Will you play me a song when I get there? Can't wait to see the journal too.
Did you use a certain website or program for your book? Fill us in on how you did it!
The blog book...what a great idea. And way to go Drew...I can't believe it. I've tried with Jaden and she only pounds chopsticks...and it's not even the right notes. I'm cursing myself for even trying!!!
I also want to know where you got the books done...what a great idea.
Nice job on the book...did you use blurb.com? That's who I'm using right now. As for Drew learning the piano that's awesome. What a sweet boy. I'm jealous of the piano by the way. Still waiting to get one someday!
Drew can play for everyone next Christmas! He is so sweet. I love your book...that is so cool.
Libby, Hey I just saw your comment and found your post on the books, do you like them? Did you use Blurb? I heard about it about 6 months ago but am finally trying it. Em got a blog, have you seen it?
Post a Comment